chapter 10

I picked him up in my arms.

Walking for what felt like hours.

Finally, the ground I was ever so familiar with.

The tiny flowers, getting smushed under my feet, dragging on the ground. I fell on my knees.

Donghyuck still in my hands.

His body was getting cold, as I covered him with the jacket that was somehow still stuck to him.

But this time covered and dripping from the blood.

I pressed our foreheads together, biting my lower lip as I closed my eyes, tears running down my cheeks.

I kissed his forehead, nose, cheeks, on his neck taking his scent in one last time, hoping he would wake up any minute laughing as to how much it tickles... but he didn't.

My chin trembled as I choked on a sob.

Pressing my lips on his cold ones. Lingering a little longer to maybe give them some warmth.

'I'm sorry...'

I held his hand up, kissing each finger.

'Are you cold baby? I'll bring you my hoodie too hm? Just wake up, okay?'

'...wake up, I beg of you,'

[a month later]

I managed to buy the house, renovate it, and well-buried Donghyuck a little further in the backyard.

Of course, having a proper burial.

I planted the flower I gave him near it, just a reminder of my lover, but in just a month, somehow, sunflowers had started to take over the surroundings of the grave.

here lies

Lee Donghyuck

An angel and lover of Lee Minhyung.

The End, leave your thoughts here.

Thank you for reading. <3