chapter 8

Suicide.

That's what we talked about.

It was funny. Not the topic. But the fact that that's what we talked about on our first date.

It told him everything. If this was going to continue then there was no point in trying to be in a relationship. So I did my best and told him what I had been feeling like. I felt lonely, sad, and everything relating to the mentioned topic.

So he advised that we go everywhere together, where I mostly go alone and well, feel alone.

I apologized to him, he had to be stuck with a depressed guy like me but the bratty kid he is, the boy just said; Guess you're the man of my dreams.

And I laughed at that. It had been a while since I laughed with such happiness.

I was happier with the fact that he called me his man.

We took turns in sharing what each of us was comfortable with. He told me about his parents, him living alone, trying to fight for survival- the boy didn't have any way of getting food. I wondered how he made it this far with so little.

'What are you thinking so hard about?'

I kept my eyes on the road, glancing at him once with a smile, he was staring at me quite attentively. Reaching a hand out to rub his fingers on my cheeks lightly, I grabbed them, kissing each one.

'You have cute nails,'

'Are you making fun of me?' he scoffed in disbelief, retreating his hand out of my grip.

'Did I say I was?'

'Well you're not denying it either,' I laughed.

'You are so... damn... unbelievable,' he hit me on my upper arm at each word. I faked a cry of pain rubbing the certain part keeping my other hand on the wheel.

'Such an abusive boyfriend you are,' the words that left my mouth amazed the kid for some reason and it was not a few seconds later did I realize what I had actually said. Giving him another reason to tease me.

'Boyfriend, huh?'

'What? You don't like it?'

'I like it,' he muttered under breath, I barely made out and looked away shyly.

'You're blushing, did I get the ever-so-great lee donghyuck to blush?' I laughed, grabbing his hip, teasing him. There weren't many chances of me doing it so I took each one I got.

'No, I'm not,'

'You're legit turning red, baby,' and he did, each time more and more, as I called him different pet names.

'No,' denied stubbornly.

'So, you like it, my little prince?'

'Oh shut up,'

'How about in bed, what would you like to be called? My personal favorite is baby boy,'

'Minhyung!'

'Haha.... okay, okay, gosh you're a blushing mess,' in the end, he hid his face in the jacket I gave him. Looking out the window like a five-year-old after having their candy taken away.