chapter 2

another update since I couldn't update the other story, just to make up for it 

The bell over the door shook when I pushed it. Stepping inside the empty place; I stood by the door, waiting to hear someone even though there was no sign of life in here. Passing my fingers through my hair locks and sliding my hand over my face, I pressed my eyelids. In the end, I forced strength in myself and finally decided to force open this stupid place. Turning the lights on, and dusting the studio desk one time, I walked to the door and turned the sign to open.

People barely came in this damned store. It was meant to go out sooner or later, but I never said a word. In hopes of getting myself busy I went to the back of the store and cut open the fresh flowers that arrived this morning. Even though there were already quite a lot displayed and all, I just had a thing for sunflowers.

When I was busy rumbling with things in the back, the entrance door opened, filling the quite place with the ring of the bell. I stopped in my tracks but before I could come to the front, the doorbell ringed again. It was odd. Did they leave?

'Hi, welco-' they really did. I walked to the door, looking outside. It had gotten pretty dark. There were barely any people walking. I wondered who it was.

I was so emotionally hurt nowadays for some reason. It didn't make sense at all. And now...

I wanted to cry all of a sudden. I remember first learning that you can cry from any emotion, that emotions are chemical levels in your brain and your body is constantly trying to maintain equilibrium. So, if one emotion sky rockets, that chemical becomes flagged and signals the tear duct to open as an exit to release that emotion packaged neatly within a tear. Everything made sense after learning that.

That sudden stability of your emotions after crying. How crying is often accompanied by the inability to feel any other emotion in that precise moment.

Some people turn sad awfully young. No special reason, it seems, but they seem almost to be born that way. They bruise easier, tire faster, cry quicker, remember longer and, as I said, get sadder younger than anyone else in the world. I understood that, for I was one of them.

I moved my forehead away from the glass door and went back to continue doing what I originally planned on doing. But my attention was taken away by the small bunch of flowers sitting at the edge of the studio desk.

They weren't from the flower shop, neither did I ever brought any here. They couldn't possibly be from the studio. There weren't any of such kind here. Walking close to them, they weren't in the best of conditions but I knew instantly where they came from. Not who brought them here but where they came from. I picked them up. They were small as the bunch could fit in both my hands. I could feel the corner of my lips move up a bit. I took in the scent.

Stepping outside this time of the studio, a strong gush of chilly night wind blew. I turned to both directions, in hopes of finding the stranger who left these here. I guessed they knew about the hiding place too. I glanced back to the flowers in my hand, which could barely be seen under the light from the studio sign.

Unsaid words & Flowers