girls would kill to be with me

"They don't know what this feeling is like."

summer break

Pope, JJ, John B, Kiara and I are all scattered along the framing of the new house that workers are building currently. I watch John B who walks on the roof of the hugh house. By hugh I mean that it has three floors. That's hugh for a pogue.

We haven't talked privately anymore but I've spent the last week before summer break with my pogue friends. I still like Rafe, Topper and Sarah but Rafe slightly tends to get annoying by not giving up on me and I wanted to have fun and not worry about him getting high hopes.

I mean, Rafe has messaged me multiple times but I ignored him. Now, I actually feel bad. He doesn't mean to be possessive, he's probably just lonely. I should call him as soon as I get home and apologize. Sarah and Topper are more understanding when it comes to that.

I sit next to JJ wondering how he made me absolutely happy without any effort. I just love being around him. Pope stands next to us. Again, I wonder why he even hangs out with us. He's so kind and hard-working. We could potentially ruin his future. I probably worry too much.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?", he looks up to John B as well, "I give you about a one in three chance of survival." John B grins, "Should I do it?" I really hope that he doesn't hurt himself as he's being carelessly now.

"Yeah, jump", Pope raises the drill that he holds and points it at John B as if it was a gun, "I'll shoot you on the way down." I roll my eyes knowing that if I think about them too much, I'd be scared that something could actually happen to them. I'm kind of a very anxious person. Not kind of. Just very anxious.

JJ looks not as interested in the situation as Pope and since the boys are concerned with themselves, I lay my hand in JJ's hand for a moment for which he gives me a light smile.

"You'll shoot me?", John B goes on. "Yep", Pope replies easily. "Can I get your surfboard if you die?", I join their conversation. "You can have it already. You know that you get anything from me, Iz", John B smiles and points at me with his hand. "Cheesy", I roll my eyes but can't lie about the fact that he made me laugh.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers", Kie joins us as soon as she excits the house. I furl my eyebrows. Japanes toilets? Towel warmers? "Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?", John B shrugs his shoulders.

"What even is that?", I wonder loudly. "This used to be a turtle habitant but who cares about the turtles, I guess?", Kie continues and comes to me so we can clink beer bottles. "I can't have cold towels", JJ complains as if he was one of those kooks. I look back to John B who increased my nervousness by moving faster, "Can you please not kills yourself?"

"Don't spill that beer", JJ adds, "You're not getting another one." As if JJ knew it, John B slips, his grip around the can of beer loosens and the can falls to the ground. "Of course you did", Kie chuckles, "Right after JJ said so. Dumbass."

"A plus", Pope comments and claps his hands, "Nice one but the security's here. Let's wrap it up." JJ stands up and checks the drive-away of the house, "Gary, is that you?" He nods into our direction so the five of us jog down trying to escape Gary and jump into the bus.

"Come on, Gary!", JJ yells and turns to John B as he stretched his body to sit in the bus while havig his upper body in the air, "Slow down, slow down." "Guys, he's going to have a heart attack", I warn them jokingly but with a hint of seriousness in my voice.

"You're so close! You can do it", JJ teases Gary and throws the can of beer out, "There you go! They don't pay you enough, bro!" "JJ, stop", Kie tells him and pulls him back into the van but this time, I laugh about JJ's joke. They did pay Gary less than enough.

JJ glances at me and it looks like he's proud for making me laugh but then turns to Kie, "Come on, that sort of initiative is just begging to be punished. He was asking for it." "You're an idiot", I reply for Kie but cuddle myself into JJ's breast as soon as he sits next to me and lays his arm around me.

"Girls would still kill to be with an idiot like me."