preparation

"Leaving without saying goodbye feels wrong."

After Rafe and I have helped Wheezie to pack her bags, he gives me a serious look making me furl my eyebrows. "What's wrong?", I wonder. "Nothing. I just have to do something. I'll meet you tomorrow at the port." "Rafe, what do you have to do?", I ask sceptically knowing that he's hiding something from me. Rafe sighs heavily. 

"Renfield's dead body is in the truck", he finally admits and gives me a serious look, "It wasn't me. Limbrey and him got into a fight and she shot him." I mean, that sounds realistic for sure knowing how crazy that woman is. "Bella, it wasn't me. I swear. I swear on Wheezie, on your parents, fuck I swear on our lives that it wasn't me", Rafe begs more than he explains and I slowly nod stepping closer to him. 

I lay my hand on his cheek softly and nod. "I believe you, Rafe. Trust me, I've never doubted you and I never will." "I love you, baby, but I have to go now. I'll see you in paradise", Rafe finally chuckles relaxing his body. "Until tomorrow", I nod still not knowing what exactly is going to happen and what I'm supposed to do. All I know is that the pogues need to know as much as I can tell them.

Izzy 🐓 ♥️

I've got no idea what they plan

but the Camerons and my family

are going to be at the port tomorrow

with the cross

it sounds like we're leaving

Birdshit 🐦 ♥️

leaving? where to?

I've got no idea, John B

my parents won't tell me

I'm glad that Rafe was able to

persuade them that I won't fly to

New York but go with them

Rafe?

You're not flying away?

It's all complicated right now, J

I promise I tell you everything that I know

but that's all for now

okay, thank you

pogue princess

JJ said that

tell him he's right

no matter what it looks like

I'm a pogue by heart

I just have to play along so my

parents don't kidnap me

we know, Iz, we know

While I'm packing my bags, I hear someone screaming downstairs so I follow the voices. Rafe is standing in front of a door looking like he's making sure no one can go in there. Or out. The voice I couldn't recognize at first is Sarah's. "Rafe, what are you doing? Let her out", I tell him but he shakes his head. "You know I can't", he replies professionally and I think about what I could do to help her.