Chap 43: All Leads To Death

Start from the beginning

He shakes his head wearily before looking me in the eye, "Besides, now I can finally relax, I no longer have to cast that tedious cloaking spell over us every morning. No longer look over my shoulder wary of Death's shadow. Don't you see, Kamilla? I-er we, don't have to be afraid anymore!" He lifts up the shining black sword in his hand and studies it, as if it's the greatest treasure in the universe. As I watch on, I suddenly realize that I can feel the immense power radiating off the sword. And to my alarm, it seems to pulsate as if it's actually a living creature full of evil desires. Instantly, I know my instincts were right about the All-Black, it's far too dangerous. And yet, I can't deny that I'm jealous. I want it. Need it.

I push away my feelings, then place a gentle hand on his forehead and am shocked to find that his temperature is far below freezing.

"Shit, Loki! You're way colder than you normally are! Are you sure you're okay?"

His lips split into a reckless grin and he croons wolfishly, "Never better my pet. Never better. Don't worry your pretty little head, the cold never bothered me."

I shake my head, "I don't like what this sword is doing to you. I think it might be influencing you too much. The symbiotes did warn that the sword could drive you mad."

Loki barks out a quick laugh in response, "Don't be absurd, dearest! I'm quite sane and completely in control! I'm just learning to adjust to its incredible power. It's more powerful than either of us could have ever imagined!" The black in his eyes flicker, then completely recede, until his eyes are their normal emerald green once more.

"It's just an adjustment is all. Nothing to fret about." He grins then leans forward to push my curls out of my face and pulls me to my feet. I watch warily as the sword in his hand shrinks until it's nothing more than a tiny black dagger embedded in his wrist.

Loki smiles at me softly, his green eyes sparkling with so much warmth, that every trace of madness is instantly gone from his gleeful expression. He reaches for my hands gently, "It's so adorable when you worry about me. But I'm over a thousand years old, Little Witch, I can handle this."

As his mischievous eyes hold my gaze, I can't help but soften and let out a happy giggle as he pulls me to him. I still can't believe he wants me! I loosen my shoulders, letting my nerves melt away, as I sigh slowly. "You're right, of course. I shouldn't have doubted you. You're always ten steps ahead of everyone else."

Loki's eyes sparkle at me brightly, then he spins me in a circle, grinning all the while. I savor the feeling of his strong arms embracing me, as we dance together across his bedroom. I close my eyes and lean my head against his firm chest as my heart soars happily. It's as if we're floating on clouds, swaying silently to an invisible orhcestra. Nothing can hurt us anymore. I realize, as I revel in the sweetness of our victory. Not even Death can hurt us now. Nothing can touch us!

After a few minutes of glorious dancing, I'm grinning contentedly while his chin rests on my head and I breathe in his comforting scent. My unfettered happiness rolls off me in waves as I tip my chin to admire his handsome angular face. Suddenly overcome with desire, I lean forward to kiss his neck impatiently. I nibble against his throat seductively as his hands begin to roam my hips, and when I feel him harden against me, I pull him closer. I push my body flat against his, my resolve fading as my hands wander down to his hips and towards the heat of his groin. I shudder slightly, enjoying his body against mine, as fear and excitement blend together. Before I can stop it, I'm pulling his shirt off; licking and kissing his exposed skin, making my way down his chest to his slender smooth waist. Suddenly, something dark catches my eye and jolts me from my reverie.