Chap 21: The Kree

Loki:

Loki:

We're both seated in the control room as I land the ship carefully on the small, dark, grey asteroid that orbits an uninhabited orange gas planet. There's a small round and metallic building built into the side of the asteroid, with various neon red, orange and blue flashing windows, that illuminate the station. Bits and pieces of the asteroid are floating around the ship filling the grey starry sky obstructing our view.

I wait for Kamilla for what seems like an eternity as she pulls on her ridiculous armor. Then we silently strap on our heavy, gravity enforcing boots; which allow us to walk on the surface of the asteroid without floating off into space. Then I wave my hand casting an enchantment that traps a large, invisible, bubble of oxygen around both of our mouths. As we exit the spaceship, I lower my voice, "Listen carefully Little Witch, you are going to make yourself useful by causing a distraction while I steal some batteries and some supplies."

Kamilla glares at me suspiciously, "Supplies enough for two?"

"Yes, yes of course." I reply absentmindedly. "Just go use your acting skills to flirt with the men out front and I'll get everything we need."

"Aye, aye il capitano!" she retorts with an embellished, mocking salute.

I give her a flat, unamused expression as we walk side by side in the dark, scrambling along the rocky path that leads to the solitary building. The dome is contrasted starkly against the dark sunless sky, illuminated with a bright red sign that says "Refueling Outpost" in several alien languages. The rocks and gravel crunch loudly under our steel-lined boots as we make our way to the withered, moon-shaped building in front of us. We reach the station carefully as I enchant myself so that I blend into my surroundings. Without Odin's invisibility cape I'm not completely invisible, but it will have to do. Wordlessly we enter the front door and I slip inside soundlessly behind Kamilla.

The ground floor of the asteroid dome is damp and dimly lit, illuminated only by the dingy yellow, electric lamps that are in desperate need of updating. The shabby and unkempt store is lined with several shelves stocked with food, clothing, mechanical devices and other various repair parts. The dusty floor is lined with several old wooden crates, filled to the brim with various supplies. I step lightly on the filthy floor careful not to make a sound as I spy several water jugs in the back of the aisle. Kamilla is causally strolling to the front of the store where two men lounge languidly at the front desk. Behind them is a large metal door and a keypad that clearly requires a pass-code and I wonder what treasures might lie behind it. I quickly turn my attention back to my thieving and pick up the pace; anyone who looks long enough in my direction will realize that the image they're looking is magically distorted. As long as Kamilla keeps the two men up front distracted, no one will even notice I'm here.

"Hello handsome." Kamila purrs seductively, charming the two ugly men at the register.

I chuckle silently, she's got spunk I'll give her that. And I can't help but admire her sass.... and her ass for that matter. I lick my lips as my mind trails off thinking about her curves and how her naked, bronze skin seemed to be glowing when I walked in on her in her underwear. It's been a while since I've lain with a woman, the last time was back on Sakaar and that was purely because I needed information. I push the thoughts away; I can't afford to be distracted by sex.

She's a nuisance, she'll only slow me down! I shake my head, even with the blood-oath there is no way she's coming back with me. Blood-oaths are unpredictable and unreliable, and always come with a hidden price. I haven't figured out for certain if the Blood-oath will affect me negatively, but I'd rather not find out. I never should have done it, I have to get rid of Kamilla for good. I ignore the pang of guilt, she's just a means to an end. I stroll to the back of the shop, stealing more supplies. I glance back to the front as I stuff my magically conjured bag full of various foods and repair parts for the ship. On the other side of the store, to the left of the register, I spy a large case of nearly fifty spacecraft batteries that are locked in a large metal grated container. The two men at the register are smiling at Kamilla as she flirts; her voice low and husky as she leans towards them twirling her hair slowly, her hip cocked provocatively to the side. One of the men is a Kree; he's big and brawny, has bright blue skin and is wearing a green and silver military uniform. Best not to get on his bad side, the Kree are no joke!

The other man is slimmer, but taller and he seems to be Krylorian; his wide purple eyes and hot pink skin, contrast starkly against his dark brown leather suit. Once I'm certain that they're sufficiently distracted by kamilla, I quickly teleport the entire metal box of batteries in my bag. I'm about to snag a large sack of vegetables when Kamilla's angry voice catches me off guard.

"What are you doing with that little girl?" Kamilla demands her voice suddenly rigid and cold.

"She's for sale, we got eleven more of 'em in the back. You lookin' to buy a slave?" The pink Krylorian replies, his voice lilting and slow.

I glance around the shelves and notice a second Kree dragging a small chained up blue girl behind him.  I continue stealing food, as Kamilla snaps, her voice wild and feral, "OH HELL NO!"

I hear a loud thud and glance back to Kamilla just in time to see her knock the man to the ground and pound his face in. The temper on this girl! She's so damn feisty. I nearly snort aloud, feeling slightly relieved. At least now I know she'll be fine on her own. I grab one last handful of food then silently creep towards the exit.

"Who do you think you are?!" I hear a gruff voice shout in alarm. I freeze, before leaving the store thinking it's addressed to me. I spin around smoothly to see that nearly twenty burly, fiercely angry men have appeared and are surrounding Kamilla; their expressions laced with fury.

She'd better make a run for it, there's no way she can survive this many Kree fighters.

"You disgust me. I'm going to take pleasure in killing you all!" Kamilla growls with a cackle, her voice both otherworldy and bordering on hysterical.

Then in one smooth movement, she conjures a shield around her body and begins levitating. The first two men lunge towards her, as she conjures two orange beams of magic in each hand and begins using them like whips; slicing wildly at the Kree warriors.

What in Hel is she doing? She's going to get herself killed! For a split moment I feel panic for her, then I push it aside and remind myself that she's wearing her protective armor, and that this is the perfect distraction. I try to exit the building, but my feet are rooted to the ground as Thor's gentle voice echoes in my mind, "I'm so proud of you Loki."

  Shit, I curse under my breath. He would kill me if he knew I left her to die. But then again, he'll never know, and i'm not about to tell him.

Kamilla's scream jolts me from my thoughts and I hear a loud crack as Kamilla is brutally knocked to the ground. Five fighters lie motionless, bleeding on the ground, but the other fifteen men swarm around her, closing in on her unconscious body.

"Tie her up." One of the men orders in a gravelly voice, "She'll fetch a hefty price."

"I think we should teach her a lesson first." Another Kree declares with a vengeful sneer.

"Don't worry we'll get our money's worth out of her, before she's transferred to the auction house." A mangy-looking Krylorian replies gruffly, his expression suggestive.

"Aye, get that armor off her so we can have our way with the girl! It's the least she can do to repay us for killing five of our men!" The tall blue-skinned Kree replies with a cruel and predatory expression.

Well fuck.