Chapter 15 - Nightmares

3:28pm , 2 March 2016, Wednesday
◇Chan's apartment◇

The air around them was awkward. Minho sat on Chan's lap, wih his arms wrapped around his waist protectively,  while on he opposite of them was Soongyu.

"So....how have you been?" She started off.

Minho shrugged, leaning back on Chan.

"Okay nevermind that was a bad start...Um... Okay... I just wanna say sorry for leaving you... Its just at that time, I had a hard time because they didn't support that I wanted to be a model either. Adding to that the way they treated you and I had to take care of you on top of all the shit I have at school and yeah I left because of that. It was hard for me Min, I hope you'll understand...I mean I-"

Chan clicked his tongue in annoyance, rolling his eyes, "You left a six-year-old, who had previously been locked up in the attic for his whole life at that time, neglected from love and care since the start, given dirty looks by his parents or being hit when he just asked for something small. Because you wanted to pursue your dreams, leave your toxic parents and found it stressful to take care of your brother?"

Minho gulped, looking down, rubbing his eyes with the back of his fist. "He barely had enough food for proper growth, but after you left, have you thought about what was going to happen? Those monsters of a parents you call them was solely holding back from practically taking out their emotions on Minho because of you." He gritted his teeth, holding him slightly tighter.

"Look I'm sorry okay? I wasn't smart at that time, and I didn't just leave. I tried my best to bring him but I couldn't even support myself to survive out alone. I didn't want to push his hopes up that oh everything was gonna be okay when we leave." She tried to reason.

"Well it would have been better compared to staying with them." Chan said, before getting up and setting Minho on the chair down by himself, "Baby I'm gonna let you two talk it out...I don't wanna say stuff I'm gonna regret okay?"

Minho nodded, Chan leaning down to kiss his forehead, before he went back to his room.

"Who is he to speak up for you, he knows nothing." Soongyu said rolling her eyes.

He knows more than you do. He scribbled, feeling a little angry.

"Then tell me I can help you."

You can't. You're only a liar. 'always find me yeah?' you told that to my 6 year old self. Who have never even been out of the house. And then you proceeded to run away. Leaving me for twelve years, all of them being filled with memories of being beaten. Getting my innocence taken away when I was 13 by a man I was supposed to call dad. Given barely even an eighth of a plate of food a day. Bullied for liking girly stuff and clothes. You don't know anything.

You don't know how many scars he gave me inside and out. You don't know that I was looked down by teachers for apparently being a fuck up. You don't know how they  used me. You don't know how hard it was to leave and find help, scared no one would believe me, scared they would find out and punish me. I left once, I couldn't walk for days after. You don't know how much pain they caused me. You don't know how much I wanted to live normally.

When I left, got help from the social services, other kids found out about them. Mocked me for not being to defend myself. I was in and out of the foster system, the parents either using it for money, or the kids they had bullying me for being me. Then just when I had the courage to leave, trying my best to live a normal life here in Seoul, going to force myself to learn how to survive, working everyday 24/7 to get money to pay rent and learn how to dance using the little bit of cash for using public computers to learn how to dance. Finally being accepted in the school, then they got released. When I was enjoying life for a brief moment.