Wolves growled, humans screamed, Amber laughed. As the fight brewed the sky turned from light blue to an angry purple. Thunder sounded off from lighting in the distance. Certain people gained an advantage from the storm.

The water Azyrians pulled water from the clouds. Nolan's powers doubled as all he had to do was direct lightning instead of creating it.

The dragon went down first. Giving Alana a chance to throw her chains and metal nets over it. So that when it awakens it will have a tough time getting back up.

Amber was baffled at how her dragon went down. She was slightly distracted so Maven and Chance took their shot. Maven was able to get a good swipe at her leg which left her bleeding. Chance then followed that with a couple shots of ice. The ice expanded when they landed, encasing her hands and feet.

Chance was about to attempt the final shot at Amber. Right as he drew an ice sword the snake passed out. It's body almost crushed him as it came down.

Maven pulled Chance out of the way, the others followed.

They waited for the dust to settle. As it did they noticed that the ice Chance had shot was melted.

"Where the hell did that bitch go?" Chance said. He was tired as fuck already and just wanted to take a nap with Maven and the kids.

Maven and most of the other werewolves were naked because of shifting back and forth. Nolan saw Damien and at first he held a face of shock but it soon turned into a suggestive smirk. Damien just shook his head.

Hazel sniffed for a second before pointing towards the woods.

"She ran into the woods. She'll probably hide out there and wait for her animals to wake up." Hazel concluded. Alana went to check out the woods before Chance stopped her.

"It's best if we stay out of the woods. She could easily encircle us in fire and then we would burn to death. So, let's just chain up the snake and wait."

The gang chained up the snake. Some laid on the floor and just waited for Amber. Others, like Nolan, started fucking around and playing with others.

Chance stood in front of the edge of the woods. His eyes closed as he concentrated on the sounds around him. The constant growl from the sky, the rustling of leaves, the chatter of his friends, the wind. The wind.

"Powers are overrated. Fire, air, water, earth, what's the difference? The best power is the power of the mind." Chance remembered Makayla saying.

He knew the only way to beat Amber was to outsmart her. The thing is Amber is cunning and resourceful. She is not predictable, while they were.

"Chance?" Maven called out. Chance opened his eyes and turned around. His arms wrapped around his stomach. "Are you okay?" He said taking him into his arms.

"I don't know." He said.

They hugged each other. Maven moving his hands comfortingly up and down his back.

They were interrupted by the dragon moving. It thrashed around in it's net with a roar.

Hazel sprinted until she was right in front of the dragon. Her arms stretched out, they slowly went up and down as she shushed.

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay, shh." she said and the dragon plopped back down on the ground. It purred as Hazel placed a small hand on its snout.

"What the hell just happened?!" Vivian shouted.

"I happen to be Ambers mate." Hazel said reluctantly with a frown. "That's how Amber and Makayla met in the first place." The dragon snorted when it heard Amber's name.