Chapter 2

Kartal's POV.

I watched her walking away and this time I couldn't go after her.

I was always that guy who knows what exactly should be done, it's like my life was a constant scripted play, just like I told Melek this morning, I do what this moment requires me to do, it's like a-30 years of chess games. But with her, I couldn't do anything, I don't know what I should say or do when it comes to her, should I comfort her, or warn and threaten her?

I called Yaman, telling him to take his gun, and got back to our dinner table, everyone was sitting in silence, with mixed glances of worry, confusion, and anger especially from Asya.

I sat again on my chair beside my mother, my head started to pound because of the eventful day.

"She will take care of Balkan for however long his case requires." My mother stated referring to Melek, I looked at her with confusion while Asya snapped her head towards us. Balkan smirked at me, and that was an enough sign to let me know that Melek is never safe here.

"But," I started to object but my mother was quick to cut me in, "I'm not spending my entire evening with my family for the first time in 18 years speaking about some unknown nurse." So I didn't discuss this further. I looked at my aunt Tuna and she wore a worried expression just like Kuzey, they are a few who care about Melek on this table, and I'm not even sure if Aunt Tuna's worry is because of her dislike towards Asya or because she is really sympathized with Melek. The rest of the evening went in silence.

________________

After leaving the table I went to the kitchen, asking them to prepare a tray for Melek and send it upstairs to her. I don't think we want to talk again today, but I was passing by her room I heard a muffled crying sound, I almost opened the door when I heard my mother calling my name, Asya beside her.

"Kartal, we need to talk." She said, I made a mental note to check on Melek later, I hope this "we need to talk" situation doesn't take long, but seeing Asya by my mother's side is not promising this.

The three of us are in my room's balcony, "What did you and the nurse talk about when you left the table later tonight?" My mother asked.

"I saw her getting emotional about her family's story, so I was checking up on her." I stated simply looking at Asya, knowing that she provoked my mother for this conversation.

"Is there anything I should know about that nurse?" My mother asked another question.

"Mother, let's be direct. What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Don't reply to my question with another question."

"Zeynep Hanım, I think this girl should be send away by tomorrow's morning, I believe she is somehow involved with all the mess that has been happening lately in this family." Asya said with her famous cold tone.

"Asya, thank god that this family, in this house, has Zeynep, Balkan Alpan and me. Please think twice before suggesting anything that has something to do with my family. My father died today's morning yes, but with that my mother came back to live and she still have her two sons. We are still the Alpans, no one could ever tell us what to do." I stated with a nearly cold tone as her. My mother expression grew annoyed and I know she's annoyed with me not with Asya.

"I'm saying this because you are the Alpans, I am saying this because yes your father died today's morning after the last two trials of killing his two sons. Open your eyes Kartal Alpan, this family is on the edge." Asya started to get angry, which drove me more angry. "I'm not going to discuss anything while you are here, this is not a table meeting to consult you, mind your business." We stared at each other for few seconds then Asya took her bag and stormed out of the balcony.