"She's being redeemed," Charlie said.

Vaggie put an arm around Charlie, comforting her. Alastor looked back up as Niffty said her last goodbyes and parted ways, leaving with the angel who accompanied her. Husk had been standing to the side of the group for the time, watching it all happen. He took a few steps closer to the group and let out a breath, for the first time without a bottle in his hand, or anywhere to be seen, really. "I'm gonna miss that little punk," he said. Charlie was crying as Vaggie nodded. Charlie was sad to see Niffty go, but she was also happy for her friend, and happy that she had been right about everything. "We all will," Alastor said, slowly lifting his ears back up. "But look at it as a positive thing. The hotel is a success, is it not?" he said.

All of them looked at him with a bit of a surprise. There was a pause before he noticed. "What. Did I say something?" he said. Charlie giggled a bit. "I think we're rubbing off on you, Al," she said. Alastor rolled his eyes and put his hands behind his back. "Quiet, you," he said.

Days passed, the hotel was a success. Demons were being redeemed left and right, and Charlie was as happy as ever. It was the group's goal to be redeemed as well, but Alastor knew deep inside that he wouldn't be redeemed, nor did he really want to be. It had only been a week before Husk was gone, just as Niffty. During that time, Angel and Alastor had realized that they knew Husk in their previous lives as well. His name was Henry, and he'd run a bar on the corner of a street Alastor would visit quite often. Angel had only known him through Alastor. Vaggie was the next to go, which had been the hardest farewell yet.

Every morning, Alastor dreaded the thought that it might've been the day he'd lose Angel. Waking up was a torment, but looking to the side each morning and seeing Angel still lying beside him was almost therapeutic.

It continued, until finally... one day.

It happened.

Alastor woke up, still with Angel beside him, as he got up and continued his morning routine. After getting ready, he'd always give Angel a small kiss on the head before heading to the lobby for work. It was another normal day, at least considering the fact that the hotel had been quite busy lately. At first, when he'd gotten up, it was quiet, but that was only because it was 5 am. Later that morning, business would always spike a bit after residents started their day.

Alastor stepped into the old hangout space that so many memories had taken place in. He looked around and sighed, turning his attention to the tack board where pictures of the group hung. He walked up to the board, silently studying the photographs and the people he'd grown to love, three of which were gone. He turned towards the rest of the room where he'd found some of his first feelings towards Angel, smiling as he remembered the chaos and the laughter they'd all had that night.

Charlie quickly walked up the hall, looking for Alastor. She'd already checked the lobby and his room for any sign of him, and there was only one more place she could think to look. She quietly stepped into the doorway of the hangout room as she saw Alastor from behind. "Al..." she said. Alastor was slightly startled. Charlie had snapped him out of somewhat of a daze. He paused before turning around to face her.

"It's Angel..." she said.

Alastor's heart broke into a million pieces as he heard those words, his ears going back and his smile coming so close to faltering. "Where is he?" he asked. Charlie beckoned him to follow her as the two quickly walked toward the lobby. Alastor already had tears forming in the corners of his eyes. He looked around for Angel as soon as they entered the lobby, then seeing him through the open door of the hotel. He ran through the lobby, pushing past a few demons and stopping in the doorway for a moment. He had hoped it wasn't true, but there Anthony was, standing before him.

"Angel..." he whispered. Angel wriggled loose of an angel's grasp, running up to Alastor and hugging him tightly. Bystanders were already collecting to watch it happen, as they often did when a demon was redeemed. This time was different, though. Alastor was a very popular face among hell, and none of them had ever seen this side of him before.

Alastor held Angel close to him and let tears run down his face, knowing this was it. His darling Angel was leaving. "You can come with us, Al! You can see your mom again..." Angel said in a whisper. Both of them had tears streaming down their faces at this point, and Alastor very gently pushed Angel away to study his beautiful face. "I've done too much, Angel. I can't come with you. Rehabilitation isn't possible for me." Angel started crying a bit harder, hugging Alastor and resting his head on his chest. Alastor held Angel's head closer to himself, his smile struggling. "No... Al, please! You... you can't stay, I'll never see you again," Angel spoke through his tears, hiccuping softly and ignoring the smeared mascara on his face.

"I love you, darling. Never forget that..." Alastor's voice was practically a whisper as he gave the most loving smile to Angel as possible through his tears.

The angels who had been standing by, allowing the last goodbyes, came forward and pulled Angel away by his arms. Alastor stepped back and watched, tears streaming down his face, but his permanent smile still plastered on. "NO!" Angel screamed, fighting to get out of the angel's grasp, though pointless. "ALASTOR! ALASTOR PLEASE, I WANT TO STAY!!" Alastor watched him, a melancholy look on his face. He studied Angel's face, being the last time he'd set eyes on it before he was dragged away, never to be seen by him again.

Alastor looked him in the eyes as Angel looked back. He lifted his hands and pointed to his smile.

"Smile... for me. You're never fully dressed without one."

The end.

Additional information and extras will be in the "Thank You" chapter.