Down the Hallway

3rd person
Alastor straightened his bow and grinned at Angel. "We should be getting back to the lobby. I have a feeling Charlie will want to begin lunch soon," he said, holding out his hand. Angel raised a brow and looked at Alastor's hand in confusion. "You-" Alastor cut him off. "I want you to take my hand, yes," he said. Angel's face was the definition of surprised, but he took Alastor's hand. Alastor turned, prompting Angel to walk beside him back through the hall.

They walked beside each other, hand in hand, through the hotel. "Hey Al, if we could maybe talk later in private about somethin'..." Angel trailed off, looking away. Alastor glanced at him. "As long as it's nothing sexual," he said. Angel looked up. "Oh no, nothin' like that. I just have some things on my mind," he said. Alastor nodded. "Why me? I figured you'd be more comfortable with Charlie?" Alastor questioned. Angel looked back down at his feet as they walked. "I don't really, I dunno, connect with Charlie. And Vaggie even less. I'm pretty sure Husk wouldn't care a bit about what I have to say. It's a better topic for you anyway," Angel said. Alastor sighed. "I see," he said quietly. Angel noticed the sigh and mistook it for disappointment, quickly speaking up. "O-Only if you're okay with that obviously-" Alastor stopped Angel gently by putting up his arm and faced him, only about a foot away and still holding his hand. He looked up at Angel's face, which, was covered in surprise and a deep red blush. "I would love to be able to know you a bit more." He smiled at Angel. A real, sincere smile. Angel squeezed Alastor's hand a little, he was starting to tear up. Now, Angel wasn't usually the emotional type, but lately, all he had wanted was a family. He wanted to know that someone out there cared for him at least a little, not with lust, but love, whether it was from family, friends, or even a partner.

Angel stared at Alastor for a few moments before he turned away and wiped his eyes. Alastor was a little worried, this wasn't the reaction he was expecting, especially not from Angel. "Are you alright?" he asked. Angel nodded. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I just-" He looked back at Alastor. "Thank you," he said. Alastor nodded. By this time the two had let go of each other's hands at some point. Alastor looked away for a moment, he wasn't used to being this close to anyone. Not just physically, but also emotionally. "Come, then. We wouldn't want to miss anything," he said, quickly moving on. Angel nodded and followed Alastor as he started walking towards the lobby.

The two walked in, Angel a few feet behind Alastor. Alastor's normal posture remained, along with his smile. Angel, on the other hand, looked like he had been crying, although had a big grin on his face. Alastor continued a little further into the room as Charlie quietly jogged over to Angel and stopped him.

Alastor's POV
I made my way towards the couch where I had left my paper earlier in the day. Picking it up, I sat on the edge of the cushion. I wasn't planning on being there too long. I could hear excited whispers from Charlie and Angel, and, glancing up from time to time, saw some suggestive looks both to me, and some to him. My face remained in the paper most of the time. I began thinking of what happened in the hallway. It became unnecessarily emotional, although, I think Angel has some things he needs to get out of his system. I was happy to play along with him as long as he stayed fairly clean. He sounded sincere, he really did, unlike the times he had made suggestive talk with me. And he started to cry. I wasn't expecting that. Maybe what I did was too much? Did I go too far? Maybe I'm worrying about it too much... it was just a day ago I wouldn't even let him touch me, but... I let him hold my hand.

Nonsense.

It was simply a mannerly gesture. That's all.
Suddenly I felt movement on the seat I was sitting, and the paper I had been staring at was pulled down. I jumped. What met my eyes was Husk's smirk. "Rude," I said. I sighed as my train of thought disappeared. I folded the paper and set it on the coffee table to my left, as he sat to the right of me. I could feel his stare as I tried to avoid eye contact. I knew what he was going to bring up.

"You do like him." My eyes widened and my face went red. I looked at him. He chuckled. "Y'know, at first I was just kidding but, I overheard Angel over there and well, damn," he said. I looked away. "I do not. I was simply trying to comfort him. Manners are always in the back of my mind," I said as I nervously crossed my legs. "Dude, you held hands. That isn't just using manners," Husk said as he rested his head on his hand, grinning at me. I gave a frustrated sigh and covered my flustered face with my hands. "Hah!" I quickly covered his mouth and yelled in a loud whisper, "Hush, you! You say nothing about this to anyone, do you hear me?" I said. He was just laughing and nodding. I sighed and removed my hand from his face. "Fine. It'll be fun to watch, though," Husk said as he chuckled and got up, heading back over to the bar. Again, I covered my face in my hands.

3rd person
Charlie looked over at Alastor from across the room and gave a small giggle. "You fell asleep earlier, huh Al?" she said. Alastor only nodded. "Well, I think it's time we get some food in our stomachs!" she excitedly said as Alastor mumbled under his breath, "Oh thank goodness" and sat up. Everyone got up and made their way to the room they had been using as a dining area, Alastor at the back of the group.

------------------------------------------------------------------
THANK YOU FOR READING, IT MEANS A LOT!