14 - I have hands

Chapter 14 - I have hands.

Colton Peters

The ride to wherever Brett had planned was completely silent— as least on my part. Brett, however, didn't stop talking and I listened although I tried to make him think I wasn't. It's impossible to not listen, we're in the same car anyway and his voice gets less annoying every minute.

He talked about the Mercedes Benz car, turned out it's his mum's and she only gave it to him because he told her he was going on a date with me. Apparently he tells his mum everything, including about his crushes in school and from the looks of things she liked me because she never allows anyone touch her baby (the car) not even his father who got it for her.

I don't know how I felt about knowing he talked to his mum about me. Maybe that's why I spent half the drive looking out the window to hide my betraying cheeks. They acted up anytime and anywhere, usually the wrong time and places.

Brett talked about how he has always wanted a sibliy and how he almost had one at some point but now he couldn't even imagine his mum giving birth. He'd be so much more older than the child and might not get to play sports with him because his bones would be all bent and weak by the time the child would be grown enough to play sports. What if it's a girl that's not into sports, I thought to myself and just then, as if reading my mind, he chuckled and apologized for not thinking about if it was a girl. Then he goes ahead to say he wouldn't mind a sister now, he'd braid her hair and teach her all the ways of men. That almost made me laugh, almost.

At long last the car came to a stop and I looked up, half hoping that my suspicions would be wrong and half knowing it won't be. The second half wins and with a sigh I read out the flashing blinking bright light of the obviously large five star restaurant— Michelle.

I was far far away from the part of the town I called home. I never come this way at all, it's so way out of my league.

There a few people lined up in front of the restaurant, with two guards with black suit at the entrance, a red carpet on the floor outside and disappearing after the door. Just the outside spelled lavish, I could only guess how the inside would be. The nerves returned and I didn't even know when my fingers started tapping on my knee until it began to hurt. I am so not dressed for this.

Brett leaned in, whispering into my right ear and starting me. "You know Michelle, ay?"

I startle a bit, taking a deep breath and moving closer to the window, away from him. "Not really."

"Really?" He looked at me like he couldn't believe me. Then he nodded a bit, "Well, they are famous for quite a number of things, including their steaks."

I frowned at him, "what if I'm vegetarian?"

He blinked but smiled a second later, "and their salads. Stories have it that the Royal family have been here."

"Of course," I exhaled sharply, glaring at him. I hate him.

"Shall we?" He made for the door and my hand, against my better judgement, clamps over his.

Brett's sharp brown eyes snap to me and for a moment, I forget what I wanted to say. "Um- can't we go somewhere else?" He quirks a brow and I let go to him. "Somewhere simplier? I happen to know a great steak house."

He just flashed me one of his stupid smiles and gets down the car anyway, buttoning his blazer and walking towards my side. Fuck my life! Before he could get the pleasure of opening up my door for me though, I quickly got it open myself nearly stumbling out the car but reveling in the satisfaction that came with the the disappointed pout on his lips. Ha.