13. Halloween

(WARNING: This chapter contains sensitive content that some readers may find triggering. Reader discretion is advised.)

"Are you Netflix? Because I could watch you for hours"

What the fudge balls? Some guy is stood behind me. I mean that's kinds creepy, isn't it? I don't wanna be mean but so I just hope he'll get the hint and leave me alone to stalk Leonardo DiCaprio's Instagram. Who doesn't love an actor who's also an environmentalist? These beaches aren't gonna clean themselves.

"Dude, that's kinda creepy" I tell him.

"I can become freakier if you want" he winks.

I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth. Now that I stare at him (with disgust) for a little longer, he looks oddly familiar. Isn't he in Gray and Gabe's class? There's only one high school in our town, so unless he's home schooled or from another town.

"Don't you go to my school?" I ask with distaste.

"Nah I think I'd remember a sexy babe like you."

...I may have just physically gagged. I ain't even kidding.

"I go to Millshore High" he continues.

"Oh god" I whisper under my breath.

What if I see him in the halls? Maybe he won't recognise me. I don't mean to be narcissistic but he should know who I am. Am I really that unrecognisable? Maybe he's drunk or high.

"Huh?"

"Nothing" I mutter.

"I didn't catch your name." The creep mentions.

"I didn't throw it." I retort hoping he gets the hint.

"How about we go have some fun together" he whispers with a smirk.

Just as I'm about to go full hulk on this dude, he tightly grabs my arm and begins dragging me. I begin to pull him off me but instead he snatches my other arm too. Using all my limbs I try to thrash but the angle at which he is gripping my arm is painful. I result to using my voice. Hoping it carries for to someone to hear despite the music I open my mouth.

"Help! Ra-"

In an instant he has my mouth covered too and is dragging me backwards. Just then I see Gray, Jasper and Leo walking coming towards the stairs. Now's my time. I try to kick the banister to make some sort of noise to catch their attention but they don't seem to hear. They're about to walk wasn't the stairs. With all my might I bite the creep's hand.

"Agh you b-" he cries removing his hand.

At the top of my lungs I scream, "Grayson!"

My mouth is covered again and I'm being yanked backwards into a room. Right before the door closes, I make eye contact with Grayson though. He's coming, they're coming. Help is coming. Clink. No! That creep has locked the door. I reach for the lock to turn it but the creep throws me on the ground.

Wincing, I reach my hand to touch my head that hit the cold bathroom tile. Thankfully there's no blood. The dude kneels in front of me and starts to reach his hand up my thigh and the other hand unbuckles his belt.

"Stop!" I cry, prying his hand away.

This earns me a slap across the cheek though. It feels as though someone smashed glass on my cheek. The door handle begins to rattle and fists bang against it.

"Ophelia!" Shouts voices behind the door.

Before I can even shout, he covers my mouth, "No Ophelia in here"

The banging and yelling behind the door doesn't cease though. The creep continues his assault under my dress, desperately removing my underwear inch by inch. And then I feel it, his grimy impure fingers, in places they shouldn't be. By this stage tears are running down my cheeks, my mascara smudged, and the door is still. The thumping has paused.

Suddenly the door swings open with brute force, knocking the creep over. Stood at the other side of the doorway is Gray with messy hair and a desperate, worried expression, Jasper who is almost ready to cry and Leo... Leo is shaking with rage, clenched fists and a cold glare. He's terrifying. He glances at me and only seems to become more furious. Within a second he has the creep pinned to the wall and throwing punch after punch.

Jasper falls to his knees beside me, "O, I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry!"

Struggling to form words, I only nod. Gray helps me to my feet and pulls my dress down again, protecting my modesty. Both Gray and Jasper lead me away from the bathroom. Away from the groans of pain. Away from the nightmare.
———————————————

1:00am, the darkest time of night. I showered. Then showered again. The feeling of violation, fear, disgust is still there. It won't leave no matter how hard I scrub. I can't sleep. The ceiling has become my new fascination with how long I've been glaring at it. The whispers outside my bedroom door have stopped. My Dad, Jasper and Gray were discussing the incident and where to go next. Dad being his softie self began crying. Gabe still doesn't know, he came home later than us.

I know this will only bring our family closer together and it will take me some time to be able to speak about it but I live life with the knowledge that no matter what, things will be okay in the end. I continue to stare at the ceiling, willing myself to go to sleep. I even put on my favourite Sponge-bob pyjamas but I still feel wide awake.

Clink. Clink.

"Hmm?" I hum.

Clink

Something hits against my window. I can't deal with burglars tonight. I bend down and grab my old baseball bat that I used when I was 10. Discretely, I crawl across the ground and then peak out the window. I'm met with a head of curly locks belonging to non-other than, yes, you guessed it, Leo Alberro. He smiles when he sees me and I open the window.

"Don't you ever go home?" I whisper.

"Peanut? Are those Sponge-bob pyjamas?"

Oh Fuzz Nuggets...