2. Combine Harvester Thief

"Hey idiots! Imbeciles! Mouth breathing boneheads! Omg is that Ariana Grande?!" That got their attention. I make a beeline to Gray, Gabe and Jasper and can see the sheer panic on Jasper's face as he leaps behind Gabe. I also notice the uneasy look Gray has as he scratches his neck.

"Look Ophelia, we-"

I interrupt Gray before he can start, "Did none of you apes think to ask the driver to wait? Did you even notice I wasn't there?!"

"Please Ophelia, we'll make it up to you" Gray suggests.

"You better" I huff.

"How about some oreos? Some nutella? Some chocolate peanuts?" He asks, knowing that will win me over.

A smile grows on my face and I stick my hand out to shake. "Deal"

I walk off in the other direction towards maths, pleased and with a new found sense of anticipation. Even thinking of chocolate peanuts is making my mouth water. Mmm.

I take a seat beside the window and take out my books dreaming of snacks and young Leonardo DiCaprio. Poor Jack in the Titanic movie could have lived. There was enough space on that door for two people and small horse.

"Class, I would like to introduce your new classmate, Leo-"

Huh!? "Leonardo DiCaprio?" I cry turning my head so fast that i'm sure I got whiplash. The class sniggers at my outburst. I however flush red to see that it was not in fact Leonardo DiCaprio. Instead stood at the front of the classroom was a tall, attractive, dark curly haired specimen. Wow.

Mr Dove coughs awkwardly, "Leo Alberro, not the 45 year old actor Leonardo DiCaprio"

I look down at my book in an attempt to hide my embarrassment. Leo then sits down (behind me unfortunately) and class begins. Who moves school in the middle of October anyway? Jasper who sits beside me doesn't fail to tease me about it.

"Leonardo DiCaprio" he gasps in a high pitched air head voice.

I turn around, fully facing him, "Do you want me to tell Mr Dove that you snuck into this class late?" I threaten.

"You wouldn't" he dares.

Well then Jasper say goodbye to your spotless record. I glare at him and throw my hand up in the air. Jasper causes a scene, yanking my arm and covering my mouth childishly.

I hear stifled laughter behind me and it seems Jasper did too as he lets go to see who was laughing. Turning around we're met with Leo, an amused look on his gorgeous face... wait what?! On his face. On his totally average face... Jeez pull yourself together Ophelia. You don't even know the guy!

Jasper immediately sparks up a conversation with him, "So where you from?"

I awkwardly smile and turn back around to actually start my work but I briefly hear Leo respond "New Jersey" in a deep voice.

- - -

It's now lunch and i'm sitting in the art classroom, listening to music, sketching and eating a sandwich. Maths was pretty boring besides Jasper basically telling Leo our entire life story. I once again failed to understand numbers and in science the teacher was absent so everyone did their own thing.

I change the song to The Wombats's Kill The Director. It's a song that Gray suggested to me a while back and I can't get it out of my head. I mumble along to the lyrics and add paint to the canvas. There's something therapeutic about just mixing colours and merging them in different forms and motifs.

"Haven't heard this song in a while"

I jump due to the sudden company and end up flinging yellow paint everywhere. I turn around slowly and get deja vu when i'm met with the chocolate brown eyes of Leo. I scan him up and down noticing the yellow paint on his shirt. Oops.

"I'm so sorry, like so so so sorry!"

He just stares deep into my eyes with a clenched jaw. It's now when I feel his breath fanning my face that I realise the lack of space between us, definitely not enough space for Jesus.

"On a scale from one to ten how bad do you want to kill me right now?" I query sheepishly.

"I'm hovering somewhere between the 70s and 80s"

Gulp.

"But i'll let it go if you do one thing for me"

"What?"

He leans closer and closer until we're inches apart. "Kiss me"

"What?!" I exclaim again but this time more outraged. Just as i'm about to give him a piece of my mind the bell goes. Leo backs away with a smirk and sits on the seat next to me. You've got to be kidding me! He can't be in this class now too!

I'm speechless and remain like that. Suddenly art doesn't seem therapeutic anymore.

More students pile into the class and I catch sight of Jess Harlow. She's one of the few people in this school I can tolerate. Sometimes she sits beside me and we chat. Thankfully the topic of my brothers never come up in our conversations hence why I like her. Besides that she's shy and like me doesn't have many friends at school. She's also seriously talented at art and I'm so envious.

I gesture for her to come over and she sees me. She waves and heads over my way. I notice her giving confused looks towards Leo and I follow her line of vision thoughtlessly but my eyes widen when I see him staring straight at me.

"Take a picture, it last longer" I whisper.

"Don't be so full of yourself Walker, you have paint on your face"

I open my bag and begin to rummage through it for my mirror but halt abruptly when I feel a hand on my cheek. I keep my head still but look to the side and Leo reaching over. What the- I whack his arm.

"What the hell?"

"I was only helping"

"I don't want your help"

I look around the class but thankfully no one noticed except Jess. With a bright red face, I turn around and try to focus on my painting.

"What was that?" Jess whispers.

"I don't have a clue, what does he think he's doing?" I whisper with panic.

"Wait, who even is he? Oh my God! Is that the guy i've been hearing all the rumours about?"

"Rumours?" I ask.

"Yeah haven't you heard? Some of them are really absurd. Like apparently he just came back from juvie after stealing a combine harvester and someone else said that he had to move house because he set his own house on fire... using a flamethrower"

"Oh for goodness sake, what has this school come to?" I ask amused.