Chapter 17: Percy

So...

Hi?

I know it's been a while since I've last updated and you have no idea how sorry I am for keeping you guys in suspense for FIVE. MONTHS.

That's author cruelty, right there.

I've been kinda busy and I was thinking about abandoning this book because I didn't think anyone read it.

But then I finally got on wattpad again and saw that my story's almost at 15K READS.

Wow, you guys rock.

And I also got a bunch of comments to keep updating so here I am :)

So how about I make a promise to TRY and update at least once a week?

Okay? okay.

But to do that, I'm gonna need some input from you guys again yayyyy

Love triangle or not?

Include possible characters if yes, and explain if no

Thanks again guys, this made my day :)))))

-C, who's still really sorry for not updating sooner

Chapter 17: Percy

"Do you guys smell something burning? Cause you guys are about to get smoked!" Leo shouted from across the river, decked out in full-out armor and a helmet with a large blue plume. He stood there with a cocky grin on his face, his eyes sparkling from the glow of his sword.

Which was on fire.

I gotta admit, the demigods looked pretty cool. With Leo around, the Hephaestus Cabin had built some amazing pieces of armor and weapons. Some could blend in with the background, while others crackled with electricity. There were monster size axes, swords, and bow and arrows that had loads of special surprises.

Naturally, we complained.

"Oh, come on!" Luke groaned. Or Mercury. Whatever.

"They're totally tricked out! What we have is just plain sad compared to their stuff."

And it was true. Bianca and Zoe were armed with bows and had a few regular arrows each. Luke and Beckendorf had some old swords that the campers gave them while Silena was armed with a simple dagger. I had Riptide, but I had to use a regular sword as well. Bianca had sent my sword to Chaos to be disguised so no one would recognize it.

Annabeth laughed in response to Luke's complaining.

"Oh shut it, Mercury. If you guys are half as powerful as you say you are, then you'll be fine." Then she left to take her place with the other campers across the creek, who were leaving to get ready. I turned to look at my friends all standing around me. We were all dressed in some basic armor with helmets to shield our faces. All I could see were their eyes and a portion of their mouths. Zoe crossed her arms while holding our dark black flag, speckled with stars like the galaxy.

"Well, oh great leader of ours? What's the plan? You are the one who got us into this, after all." I rolled my eyes.

"Chill, Zoe. You were all for this too, until you saw their armor. Besides, the plan is simple. You and Bianca are defense, up in the trees. Their arrows may be good, but your aim is definitely better. Silena, guard the flag here on the ground. Beckendorf, Luke, and I are offense. After a couple of minutes of fighting, I'll sneak away while they continue to be on the attack. We've done it a million times in training, guys. It's cake."

"And that's why you're the boss," Luke laughed, slinging an arm around me.

"I thought we were screwed for a moment."

"We are, doofus," Bianca said while rolling her eyes, "our glorious captain hasn't even decided on a place for the flag."

I smirked.

"Right smack in the ground of course. Can't make it too hard on them, can we?"

Zoe rolled her eyes and shoved the flag into the ground with a thunk.

"Come on, Bianca. Let's get ready while the meatheads go and get beaten up." Luke laughed and all of a sudden wrapped Zoe in a giant bear hug.

"Aw, Zoe. You think I'm a meathead? I think you're warming up to me."

"GET. OFF. ME." She struggled under his hug, but it was pointless. Luke was easily stronger than her. I laughed and nudged him.

"Luke, let her go. We gotta get ready." He released her and after she sent him an angry glare saying We'll finish this later, she headed into position with Bianca and Silena.

I left with Beckendorf and Luke to hide in some bushes by the river. Soon after we had settled into the leaves, I heard Chiron blowing the conch shell, signaling that the game had begun. I took off across the boundary, running as fast as I could. Beside me, I heard Beckendorf and Luke shouting and whooping. I laughed aloud into the cold, night air.

This was going to be fun.