Chapter 11: Percy

Updating again cause I felt like it, so yay enjoy

Last chapter was kinda long, so I'll try and keep this one short.

But if it's long, don't blame me, blame global warming 

Enjoy nerdsssssss

-C, fellow book nerd >:)

Chapter 11: Percy

"Percy?"

I swallowed. Thank the gods she couldn't see me. My heart was beating out of my chest, and I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I looked into her stormy, grey eyes, desperately wanting her to see my green ones. I wanted so badly to tell her who I am, to take her in my arms and swing her around. 

But I couldn't. I can't. My father would never forgive me. My team would never forgive me. I'd never forgive me.

I stiffened and grabbed the hand that held the dagger to my throat. Seconds later, I had her arms pinned against her back, her dagger laying on the floor. 

I'm sorry, Annabeth. I'm sorry.

"Never. Do. That. Again." I growled. I watched her grimace as I tightened my hold on her. Hey, this was as close as I could get to a "welcome back" hug. At least Annabeth was in my arms, more or less.

I tried making myself sound powerful. "My name's not Percy. And let's get this straight. We are helping you. If you want us to leave, fine. But you're the ones who need our help. So let's not kill each other, alright?"

I pushed her away, and she glared at me, rubbing her wrists. I could tell the others were looking at me weird, but I ignored them. I'll tell them why I was cold to Annabeth later. I have bigger problems to deal with right now.

Annabeth studied me again and narrowed her eyes. "Then what should we call you? If you're going to be here, we need some names so we can talk about you behind your back." 

Jason shot her a look, but Leo started cracking up. I almost laughed myself, before I realized it was an insult. Gods, I missed this camp. Bianca nudged me. I realized that we hadn't really come up with names for each other yet. I looked towards Luke, hoping he had an idea, but he just shrugged. 

Beckendorf stepped forward. He cleared his throat and started talking with that commanding voice of his. "Thousands of years ago, we were once young demigods like you. Our identities must stay hidden, so we will use the Roman names of the godly parents we once had. I'm Vulcan, then." He gestured to the others, one by one.

I made a mental note to thank Beckendorf later. By saying we were thousands of years old, the others would ever suspect who we are. Good and bad, I guess.

"This is Pluto, Venus, Diana, Mercury, and..." he faltered when he got to me, knowing that Poseidon wasn't my real dad. I racked my brain for a good name, and it hit me. I remembered it from when Annabeth taught me ancient Greek. Back when things were easier.

"Omega. My name is Omega."