Chapter 6: Annabeth

40 reads in one day, this might seem sad to you guys, but this is actually a really big deal for me, so thanks :)

I have a feeling my chapters are getting really long, so I think I should shorten them...

Screw it, the more words the merrier right?

Wow, I am one sassy author xD

Enjoy my imagination then ;)

-C

Chapter 6: Annabeth

The second I woke up, I heard a pounding on my cabin door.

"Annabeth!" Piper shouted, "Head counselor meeting at the Rec room! Now!"

I groaned. The rest of my cabin was still asleep, so I changed into my CHB shirt quietly and headed over to the Big House.

"Chiron, what is it?" I moaned, "It's like 5 in the morning." Looking around, I saw that all the cabins had sent a representative. Even Nico and Thalia was there. I sat up straighter. If they were there, then this had to be serious.

Chiron looked at me with sad eyes. He seemed to grow a hundred years older just by looking at me.

"Annabeth, my dear. A great danger awaits us. As of right now, we are at war."

I stared at him in disbelief. "Chrion, what are you talking about ? Kronos is gone, vaporized." He shook his head sadly.

"Not him. Tartarus himself has risen. He has built himself an army, and is planning on taking over our world. The mortal world will be in chaos. Panic, everywhere. We must prepare."

I slammed my fist on the ping-pong table. This wasn't fair. We'd been through so much. All of us. The others seemed to understand my frustration. Angry murmurs erupted around the table.

"Silence!" All heads turned to Chiron. "I know we've been through much. We still grieve over those we lost in the last war. But we must move on. It will take a miracle to get through this. We may have lost some of our heroes, but we can still fight back."

"Not without Percy," Travis muttered. Everyone's faces fell. Connor slugged his brother for making everything seem worse.

Percy. I missed him. I wanted to cry as soon as Travis said his name. Piper wrapped an arm around me, probably knowing what I was thinking. But I couldn't break down. Not now. I was in pieces for two years after he disappeared. I finally put myself back together. I was not going to break down.

I stood up. "We don't need Percy." My voice cracked a little at his name. "Sure, he was brave. He was a good fighter."

"Best one at camp," Travis murmured. I glared at him then continued.

"But he wasn't the only good fighter. We still have Clarisse. And Jason and Thalia and Nico! They're Big Three children for gods' sake! We'll make it. And there's tons of others who can fight. We can do this."

Everone nodded, but they still looked upset. The older campers put on strong faces, but I could see that they were scared. I was scared too. But we had to keep going. Percy would've wanted us to. He would've wanted me to.

"For Percy." I said. "For the gods. For the ones who died in the war. For Camp Half Blood!"

Everyone shouted along with me. Chiron dismissed us and sent us to our cabins to tell the others the news. I twisted the red pendant on my CHB necklace. For Percy, I thought.

For Percy.