Chapter 3: Percy

Three chapters in one day, wow, I am on a roll.

They're not the greatest, but hey, at least I'm updating :)

If you have any comments or suggestions, let me know. I would love to make my story better for you guys :)

Alrighty, then enjoy the crap out of this guys

-C

Chapter 3: Percy

Wow, this guy needs to get his head checked out. I stared at him.

"No offense 'Chaos', but my father's Poseidon. You know, lord of the seas, Earth Shaker, one of the Big Three? And you better leave before he goes all godly on your butt."

He had the nerve to laugh. "I am not afraid of puny gods, such as Poseidon. I am Chaos, creator of the void. And I am your father, Perseus." He moved the sword away from my throat.

I rolled my eyes, yet again. "Oh yeah? Prove it."

"Very well. 16 years ago, you were born. Being my son, it was dangerous for you to exist. My home was at war. My enemies would have done anything to kill you, to take you from me. So I had no choice but to send you to Earth. Poseidon offered to take you, to raise you. He changed the memories of a mortal woman to act as your mother. But now you are grown. You are a man. And I have come to take you back to your true home, so you may claim your title as the heir of Chaos."

My head spun. This couldn't be true. My entire life was not a lie. This supposed 'Chaos' was not my father. Poseidon was.

"That doesn't prove anything!" I almost shouted. "I said to prove it, not tell me a bedtime story. Look, I'm leaving. I gotta get some sleep, I have a date with my girlfriend tomorrow."

I turned around to leave, but was stopped suddenly when an image of my father appeared. He looked at me with sad eyes and tried to smile, but it looked strained.

"Hello, Perseus."

"Dad?" I asked. He sighed.

"Listen to this man, Perseus. I am afraid he's telling the truth. Chaos is your true father. And you must go with him. You're going to become an even greater hero than you are now. I may not be your father, but know this: I am proud of you, Perseus. And I hope you can forgive me."

I slashed through the image. I was mad, angry. My entire life, a lie. First, I wait 12 years to find out that I'm the half son of some god. And now I found out he's not even my dad. I turned back around to find Chaos waiting for me. He seriously expected me to go with him? I have a family here, even if it was fake. I still loved my mom. And Annabeth. I couldn't leave her. She was my life. I loved her.

"I can't leave. My life's here. Besides, you expect me to trust you? Even if you are my father, most dads don't almost kill their sons when meeting them for the first time. And you couldn't give me a phone call? Not even a 'hey, I'm your real dad. See ya when your 16!' Is Perseus even my real name?" Chaos sighed in exasperation.

"I'm sorry. If I tried to contact you, you would've died. I had to wait until you were grown, until you were strong enough to defend yourself. And you must come. The world needs you. I know you have a life here, but you must come with me. And yes, your name is actually Perseus." He smiled a little at that last part.

"But why? Why do I need to come with you?" I almost pleaded with him. I wasn't stupid. I knew that I was going with him whether I wanted to or not. He was way more powerful than anything I've ever faced. I could feel the power radiating off of him. To be honest, he scared the crap out of me.

"Perseus, you must understand. The world is large, correct? Even larger when you realize that there's a mythological world and a mortal world. I and a few others, are the ones who make sure the two worlds never meet. However, there are some who want the two worlds to collide. It is tiring battle to fight. And it is time, my son, for you to take over for me. I am old, I am tired. I am sorry, but you must come with me."

My head pounded. I knew I had to go. But I wanted this to be one giant lie. I was waiting for people with cameras to jump out from behind the trees and shout, "Psych!"

But they never came. And by the way my gut twisted while he explained, I knew it was all true. I sighed.

"Fine. Let's go. And hurry. I don't want to change my mind." I snapped.

He grabbed my shoulder and jerked. The world spun around me, and then all I could see were stars.

"Goodbye Annabeth," I thought, "I love you."