Two shots and a Toss

Start from the beginning

"You can file your first investigation report near the emergency desk that's on the way outside, officer Sooyoung will let you know the details..." the officer said without looking up and Jin narrowed his eyes.

The officer looked up and Jin's expression returned to neutral. "We'll help you find the culprit"

Jin stood up and bowed formally, Taehyung following the actions.

Jin smiled sweetly "I'm sure you will. Thankyou officer."

Taehyung shoved his hand into his coat pockets and followed Jin's trail outside the section.

Noticing the elder took the other way and not towards the emergency desk, Taehyung stopped Jin mid way.

"Hyung- this is the exit route, the emergency desk's that way-" Taehyung was cut off

"I know, but we're not going there." Jin replied with a hushed tone as he pulled open the exit door and the two walked out of the department.

Walking back to their car, Jin sighed as he strapped on his seatbelt- his hands gripping the steering wheel, but nots starting the car just yet.

"What happened hyung? You told our names wrong and now we are here..." Taehyung paused.

"They're not gonna help us Tae. If Jaehwa group has the ability to pay up a guy to willingly abuse their own daughter or have a hit man following your schedule to potentially harm you- it shouldn't be a lot to sugar feed policemen from the department." Jin licked his lips. "The officer was an ass and I was watching him too closely, he wasn't paying attention until you mention Jaehwa group."

"Jaehwa must have given your name and probably informed some of them to report back, if you ever happen to file a case against them. That's why I lied with our names. With your real name on the desk, this could jeopardize a lot of things and I don't want to risk anything here. We gotta play safe."

Taehyung pressed his lips and hummed.

"What... what are we supposed to do Hyung?"

"As far as I can say... we cant really trust anybody here. We need to get someone Jaehwa or BH Lee might not have a hold on. I could plough through- but for certain things we would need warrants and I can't issue them without an officer so its going to go in vain, even if we'd try. We need someone genuine."

Taehyung licked his lips, as he racked his brains.

A name popped up in his head but then he frowned.

"I know what you're thinking, maybe you should give it a try Tae..."

Taehyung frowned "I haven't talked to him in ages Hyung. Not after I told him to stop contacting me. I can't just go back now, just because I need his help. I might have been a jerk but I'm not an asshole."

"You never know, he might have moved on Taehyung. It's been years now, you sure do understand people move on right? You both didnt even date so there's no way he could still be attached to you..." Jin rolled his eyes.

"That's what. It's been years, I haven't contacted him, neither has he and I really hoped to keep it that way. I just... going back for his help.... feels like such an asshole move right now. When I myself said I didnt feel the same way as he did and that he should leave me alone..." Taehyung sighed into his hands.

"You got any other officer friends on your end that's genuine to their jobs?" Jin raised his brow and Taehyung pursed his lips "no? Exactly. We dont have a choice Taehyung."

"They aimed it for you, that car was meant for you- but Yoonji got caught instead. Tomorrow it could be Jimin, or Yoongi or anybody else... listen to yourself Tae... this isnt going to end well if we dont something about it quick." Jin sighed and rubbed Taehyung's shoulder, trying to comfort him.