Chapter 6 (unedited)

Start from the beginning

As soon as we got out of the car cameras started to flash, blinding me for a second. The reporters didn't pay much attention to us since we weren't famous so we just made our way into to gallery. I saw a few of my friends and some contributors and I made my way there with Mike in my arm.

*****
Jack POV

"Can you remind me again why are we going to a stupid gallery show?"
I asked Jennifer while fixing my tie. I was wearing a black suit and underneath I had a black waistcoat and a white shirt. Black was my color since my hair and eyes were also black. I wanted to look intimidating and untouchable and my look helped me with that. People thought twice before approaching me.

"Baby, I told you that a very famous artist will be there tonight, showcasing his work. No one know who it he really is because he never showed his face to the public. He is known as Blakheart and today everyone will know who he really is."

"Got it, just don't call me baby, you know I hate that." I hated it because it reminded me of a brown eyed beauty who stole my heart and played with it. Nikki always called me baby and now I hate that word with a passion.

"Sorry hon, I forgot. Anyhow, it was hard to get an invite to this gallery because everyone who knows something about art wanted to be there. Apparently Blackheart is a hero in their circle. Opened many schools in poor countries and donated millions to make sure that those kids could have an education and medical help. They say that he even taught art himself to those kids, saying that art healed the soul."

"Hm, I already like the guy. Blackheart you say, it has a nice sound to it. I am looking forward to met the guy."

"How do I look?" Jennifer asked while twirling around. She was wearing an expensive red dress that fitted her body like a glove, leaving little to imagination. She knew she was beautiful, with black hair and green eyes, and she liked to show off. Not humble like Nikki. Stupid, I said to myself, why you compare every woman with her. She cheated on you and wanted you for your money.

"Well?" Jen asked when I was not responding.

"Sexy as sin, I spaced out because I was thinking how would you look without the dress." I winked at her. Nice save I said to myself.

"Well you can discover that after the party." Jen whispered in my ear, before tugging my hand and pulling me out of the door.

People said that we made a good couple and after dating for almost 4 years I popped the question last months asking her to marry me. I wouldn't be a marriage out of love but one that was more of a business arrangement. After getting my heart broken I didn't do love anymore. It was better this way.

"Smile for the cameras?" Jen asked me since I almost never smiled in any of the pictures that the press had of me.

"You know that I don't do that. I can be the serious billionaire while you can flash them you dashing smile."

"At least I tried," Jen said before getting out of the car and flashing her smile to the cameras, while staying close to me and never leaving my arm.

We had been going around the gallery for the last 30 minutes, meeting famous people from different fields. I couldn't believe how many people were already here to finally met the famous Blackheart. I left Jennifer to talk with some of her acquaintances and was in my way to the bathroom when I thought I heard her voice. I turned my head to see a young couple talking with an old man that I recognized as Jeff Smith. He was a ruthless businessman that never liked anyone and now he was talking with the couple, especially with the woman like they were great friends. She was wearing a deep green dress that emphasized her curves. Her hair was up and from her posture one cold tell she had class. Probably born into money, not like Nikki that barely had two cents together. Great now I was losing my mind too, imaging Her here. I turned my back and entered to the bathroom while kicking myself for thinking about her again. I hadn't heard a thing about her since she got all the money and left. Probably was to busy in spending my money with Daniel by now.

I was to busy thinking about Her that I wasn't paying much attention and bumped into someone went I got out of the restroom. I was rubbing my forehead and when I lifted my head to see who I bumped into the first thing I saw was a long sexy leg showing from the slit of the green dress that I saw minutes ago. I was about to say sorry but she didn't give me time to see who she was because she run towards the bathroom. I probably had scared her by ogling her leg instead of looking her in the eye and saying sorry for bumping into her. I guess I could say sorry to her later tonight because I would look like a creep if I waited for her outside the restroom.

***
Nicole POV

I couldn't believe my luck, bumping with Jack outside the restroom. At least he was to busy ogling my leg and didn't see my face, otherwise I would have had hell to pay.
"Breathe Nicole, breath. You can do it." I tried to calm myself but it didn't help. I picked up my phone and after two rings he finally picked up.

"What's up baby doll, you famous yet?" Daniels voice came from the other side of the receiver.

"He is here Danny." I whispered

"Who is there? Is there a thief? Do you want me to call the police? Where are you? Just stay hidden and don't make a sound." He was rambling by now.

"Danny stop. I am at the gallery, there is no thief here, and he is Jack Ryder. He is here at the gallery. I just bumped into him."

"Damn? What did say to you?"

"Nothing he didn't see me."

"Didn't you say that you just bumped into him, how could he not see you? Please tell me he was blind."

"No he wasn't blind. He was just busy staring at my leg. I took the opportunity and fled to the restroom."

"Pervert." Danny hissed on the other side.

"And baby doll, he was blind because he let you go. Now deep breath and head up high. Don't let him bring you down. You have accomplished so many things without him. People call you a hero Blackheart. No get out of that restroom and face the world. You can do it. I believe in you baby doll and so many others. And don't forget that you have a little angel home that loves you unconditionally. Be strong for him."

"Thank you Danny boy." I smiled when I heard his intake of breath. He hated when I called him that.

"No seriously Danny, thank you for always being there for me. I love you. You are the best friend that one can ask for."

"I love you too baby doll. Now go before Tom hears me and becomes jealous of you."

"He won't because he knows that you love him. Thanks again Danny." I said before hanging up and getting out of the restroom.

Jack here I come, I am ready for your remarks this time.