•Chapter 32•

•Lunch•

Midoriya's [POV]

We started eating my lunch, I wasn't to hungry being that I had a bit of a large meal before hand, so I was giving most of it to Shochan. He wouldn't eat any unless I told him to, and if he refused i just force feed him. I felt a smile go onto my face laughing while looking at Shoto.

T-"what's so funny?" I point to his face, around his mouth, seeing a few pieces of rice.

M-"Just rice, that's all!" He nods smiling, taking his thumb and brushing it off.

T-"did I get it?" I nod, eating a bit of rice that I packed.

M-"yeah, next time we should bring money in case we forget again though." He nodded his head.

I looked around the cafeteria, it was huge, but also loud. I didn't like things like this, but it made me feel safer, so I didn't really mind it time to time. When I did, it probably because someone near me is giving me an off feeling.

Ever since that incident when I was younger, when I'm confronted with it again, I know what to do. But when I'm not, and someone giving me an off feeling. I tend to panic and not know what to do, it's a bit disappointing, I know...but then again it could because of something else.

The thing is, I have this weird thing. The doctor calls it the seeker. Only a few people have the ability to see strings, me being part of the small percentage. It's a controllable thing, so I don't mind it. It usually comes around the age of 4, if later, like me. It's different then others. Being that I can match make people, it's also called linking.

For example, it's to get rid of unhealthy relationships. someone's soulmates with an abusive person, but their friend doesn't have a soulmate, like some do. We can reattach the string! It helps in some cases.

No one can know, being that if they knew. They could make someone fall in love with them, for power, money, fame. So we try to keep it a secret, we don't want them to be together for the wrong reasons, only for love.

The way it works is that you have to have their full name, and the way they look in your mind, and the same with the person you want to link them to. It's like that so they won't know who did it, they know we exist. They know that it's someone who they know or knew. But being that they weren't around, they don't know.

I took a drink of my water, that Iida was kind enough to buy Shoto and I. After a few minutes, the bell rang. We packed up the rest of our lunch, about to put it away when Uraraka asked if she could have the rest of the rice. It was only a bit, be we probably wouldn't eat it later, so we agreed confused.

She gave us a sad smile, eating the rest of it quickly, before giving the container back to us. Shoto looked confused, but brushed it off. I on the other hand get too curious for my own good. So I decided to ask her about it while we were walking back to class.

M-"Hey Uraraka? Can I ask you a question?" She looked confused, nodding her head.

U-"Sure! What's wrong?" She gave me a smile.

M-"Nothing's wrong, but I just wanted to know why you asked for the rest of the food?" She made an O sound with her mouth before responding.