A scare - Chapter 15.2

"Merem-San!" Sumire shouted.

Merem took in a deep breath, and exhaled deeply. She looked to the side and a faint flush appeared on her face after making eye contact with Natsume. Merem opened her mouth.

"Sumire-Chan, I think you're misunderstanding something..." Merem's head began to spin at the huge misunderstanding that was spiraling out of control.

"Misunderstanding, hah! Then why did I see both you and Natsume walking together to class and whispering in each other's ears. You two were obviously flirting!"

Merem was speechless...

Merem could only open and shut her mouth, before she decided to steel her mind. She glanced at Sakura who looked super shocked at the idea of Merem and Natsume dating.

"Sumire-Chan, Natsume-Kun and I both go to the Dangerous Abilities Class. I'm sure you know what I mean." Merem hid her eyes behind her long curly hair.

Merem remembered the ordeal that happened earlier. She shivered in fear, Persona was unforgiving.

"I was worried that I made the wrong first impression on our teacher, and Natsume-Kun was just comforting me. There is nothing going on..." Merem ended with a smile.

She saw Mikan relax and sit back down.

"Ehh! Boring~ Permy, stop causing problems for people." Mochiage yelled at her. He lifted Merem up using his telekinesis Alice.

"You better not be lying girl! It's wrong to slander people's names!" He said to Merem while he span his finger. Merem couldn't do anything but scream. Due to her dizziness she almost ended up throwing up on everyone, luckily Iinchou came to her rescue.

Yū stood up. "Mochiage-San, please put Merem-San down! She already answered the question. She and Natsume-San are not dating!"

Mochiage looked at Iinchou and tched. He finally dropped Merem onto the ground. Merem landed harshly on her butt.

She immediately looked at Natsume with a look of betrayal. He didn't come to help her at all. Feeling upset she began to cry, she thought she was finally getting along with him.

"Ahh~ Look you made her cry!" Kokoroyomi said to Mochiage.

"What?! I didn't even do anything harsh to her." Mochiage said stubbornly.

All of a sudden the cries got quiet, they looked over to see Merem standing still.

All the kids ran to the corner of the room near Natsume. If something were to happen, they would rely on Natsume's protection. After all, he wouldn't actually let them die...right?

Iinchou clenched his hands together in a silent prayer. He hoped a teacher would come right away. He didn't think Merem was in her right mind. He noticed when Merem walked in together with Natsume that she wasn't peppy at all. So after hearing her explanation he immediately trusted her.

"Narumi-Sensei...where are you?" He quietly whispered under his breath.

He watched Merem anxiously wondering what she would do next.

Hotaru stared from inside her machine. It was her creation made to protect her from things such as bombs or explosions. Practically impenetrable, and worth millions if sold. It was better to be safe than sorry. A coin slot was attached to the side for students who wanted protection as well. She ignored Mikan who was banging at her machine begging to be let in.

"Hotaru you meanie! Merem's super scary~ Let me in I don't know what's going to happen!" She yelled out while tears streamed down her face.

Hotaru only held out her hand and pointed at the coin slot. The payment took all the rabbits that Mikan owned. Iinchou took precautions and also paid the fee for protection. It seemed that other students wanted to join Hotaru and the gang however a giant sign appeared saying, 'full'.

They cried out in fear and ran back behind Natsume.

Meanwhile

Merem couldn't control her emotions anymore. She was barely reining it in earlier, she almost had a complete meltdown by the time she arrived to the classroom. Natsume whispering in her ear was what kept her grounded from the guilt that plagued her after she tore a wonderful family apart. She felt so ashamed and the guilt was enough to tear her apart. The idea of someone hating her guts, and being blackmailed by Persona got under her skin. But after being accused by Sumire, embarrassed by Mochiage, and Natsume not helping her out pushed her to insanity.

Her Alice pulsed in her body, it was so strong she could actually feel it under her skin. She grabbed at her necklace with no fear. The pain of being electrified did not change at all, however she easily removed and broke it.

She opened her mouth to say her wish. At this point the person controlling her body was no longer her.

The alarms blared throughout the school, and the student covered their ears. They could feel in their guts that something was going to happen. Something terrible...

—-