Bruises

Chapter twenty-eight: Bruises (Nick's POV)

I knocked on her door while waiting for her to answer it. She opened it, peeking her head out before stepping aside and letting me in. "Hey," I sang. 

"Hi," she said mockingly while slipping her shoes on. "Warm enough?" she asked while pulling a jacket on. 

"Yeah," I nodded while zipping it up. 

"Nick," she gave me a pointed look before unzipping it. 

"I tried," I shrugged, "You look pretty," I grinned at her while she grabbed her phone and key card. 

She smiled at me before scanning the room to make sure she had everything she needed. She turned to me and planted a kiss on my lips, throwing her arms around my shoulder. 

I wasn't pulling away as always but she had kept it going longer than usual. "You okay?" I chuckled, pulling away unwillingly. 

"Mm-hmm," she nodded while biting her bottom lip, "I just didn't get to kiss you that much today," she shrugged lightly. 

"You can kiss me now," I smirked. 

"We'll be late," she smirked before leading us out of the room. We got to the elevator and out of the hotel, heading to the Kendall Ice Arena which was a little over half an hour away. We pulled up and I got out, running over to her side, getting the door for her before she could do it herself. 

She grinned at me while we headed inside, trading our shoes for ice skates. "Nick, where did you get this idea?" she asked as we sat down to pull on our skates. 

"What idea?" I asked while kneeling in front of her, putting her skates on for her and tying them up. 

"Reliving our first date," she asked while blushing lightly. 

"Well, if we're doing this relationship again then why not do the first date too?" I asked while tying up her skates. I looked up and noticed her smile falter ever so slightly. 

"Yeah," she nodded, covering it up. I decided to ignore it. Maybe she's feeling nervous about us. 

I put on my skates before getting up and leading us to the rink. She stepped onto the ice, one hand on the railing, the other in mine but I stayed outside. "Nick," she cleared her throat, "When was the last time you skated?" she bit back a laugh. 

"Our first date," I sighed. 

"You'll be fine, come on," she held her hand out. 

I grabbed her hand and the railing before stepping onto the ice, my feet instantly slipping from under me. 

She laughed, covering her mouth and turning her back to me, but failed miserably to hide her laugh that I'd come to love over time. "I'm sorry," she chuckled, while I stood up. 

"I will leave this place with bruises all over my body," I mumbled. 

"I will take care of you, come on," she nodded, "Move your feet in the shape of a v, Nick. In and out," she explained. 

Our hands were locked and I listened to her advice. It was helpful, but I was falling on my ass and back constantly. 

-----<3----- 

"Ow," I winced while taking my skates off. 

"Hey, at least you got the hang of it towards the end there," she laughed. 

"Yeah, the end. If we kept going it would be my end. I think I broke my back out there," I winced, straightening up my back. 

"Your back is fine," she waved her hand dismissively, "Right?" she looked at me with concern. I laughed before kissing her as we stood up and headed to the counter where we traded the skates back for our shoes. "Now what?" she asked as we stepped out and got into the car.