A bad habit

Chapter twenty: A bad habit (Nick's POV)

"What are you doing? Get off of me!" I pulled away and pushed Rachel back. 

"What?" she asked in confusion. 

"Are you listening to what I'm telling you, Rachel? There's nothing going on between us, we're done, finished!" I exclaimed while taking steps away from her. 

"Who is it?" she questioned. 

"You don't need to know, it is none of your damn business, Rachel, get a flight back home, I'll pay you back just get out of here," I huffed while looking over but Emma was gone. "Shit," I hissed while running over to the tents. Would she have run all the way to hers or just gotten in the first one? Probably the latter. 

I stopped when I heard two voices inside, hers and Liam's. I was about to storm off but his voice faded and all I could hear was her crying. "I'm sorry, I should go," she sniffed. I heard shuffling before she jumped out and began walking to her tent blindly. 

"Emma," I sighed, walking after her. She didn't stop, but she picked up her pace. "Emma, wait!" I called out, running after her. If she got in her tent then she wouldn't be able to run me out, so she got behind her tent and ran behind the tents to a secluded part of the beach. I chased after her, catching her at the end. "Emma, wait," I huffed, breathing heavily. 

"Why?" she asked, "For your pathetic explanation? You know what, Nick? Save it," she huffed, "Because you don't owe me any explanation. I'm not your girlfriend, you don't like me, and there's nothing going on between us, so you owe me no explanation. Go find Rachel," she huffed, waving her hand while running before I could catch her. 

My fingers grazed her waist and I almost had her but she ran me out. I stopped for a breather but she kept running. "Fuck's sake," I took a deep breath before pushing my legs as far as I could. I managed to get a hold of her wrist and yank her back. "Wait," I panted while she tried fighting against me, trying to catch her breath. "Wait, Emma, wait! Wait!" I yelled, locking her arms with mine and holding her still. "Just wait!" I yelled. 

She stopped fighting back and stood still in front of me, breathing rapidly in small huffs. "What?" she said through gritted teeth. 

"She's not my girlfriend, Emma. Let me explain," I pleaded while sitting down, pulling her next to me. 

"Fine, explain," she huffed. 

"I don't know what she's doing here, or how the hell she got here because she wasn't invited to the fucking wedding," I sighed, "I haven't been with her, Emma, I swear! I don't know what else you want me to tell you. I don't like her!" I exclaimed. 

"Why don't you like her Nick?" she laughed dryly, "She's perfect for you! She likes you, she's obsessed with you, just stick with her," she stood up to walk away. 

"Okay, we're getting up again," I mumbled while standing up, "I'm not going to stick with her because I don't like her! I like you!" I blurted out, my arms falling out of frustration. 

"Me?" she scoffed, "You like me? Really? Are you sure about that? Because it really doesn't seem like you do because I just watched you kiss someone else, Nick! If you didn't like me then you didn't have to pull me along into your little game and flirt with me, I would have been fine alone! I would have found other company! I would have been fine hanging out with Liam! I wouldn't have bothered you once on this entire goddamn trip!" she snapped. 

"Can you quit talking about Liam? Can you not bring him into our conversation for one fucking second!" I yelled while taking a step closer to her, "If you like him so much then why don't you just go kiss him?" I huffed.