| 𝐔𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 ➪ 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 |

Mulai dari awal

                    You didn't reply. You knew immediately Cassian was your first rescue if this at all was true. It was idiotic to believe a bird could grant wishes, yet you would grasp to anything as long as you could save your love.

                  You pondered the next two. Chirrut Îmwe was another clear choice, and maybe this bird would find favor in this decision because the old monk was gifted in force wielding. You couldn't forgive yourself if you left the old fool to die on Scarif.

                   The last name who struck your mind was the crooked pilot, Bodhi Rook. He always played innocent, but Cassian acted as if he knew more about this pilot, and you were dying to know more. He also had a clear sign of friendship about him, and that always brightened your day.

                    "Very unfortunate indeed," the bird hooted as you blacked out of the trance, "I was expecting Jyn Erso. She was the only way to truly save the Rebellion."

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾

                   You woke up immediately after that. Eyes crusted closed and heart beating quickly, you rose from the sleeping bag and forced your eyes open. You could hear a commotion outside. Words were scrambled, but all you could pick up on were, 'impossible,' and 'Rogue One.'

                  Tiredly waddling outside of the tomb-like room, the words of the Convor left you. All you wanted to do now was receive ease from Mon Mothma. She seemed to be the only one to calm you down when your reckless boyfriend went on missions like this.

                  Stepping back into the humid sunlight, your eyes widened at the sight. Chirrut, Bodhi and Cassian were collapsed on the ground, gasping for air. Chirrut's face was singed with a flaming red scar, Bodhi's shirt was ripped in two; an enormous gash falling from his shoulder to his waist, and Cassian had hot blood dripping from his previously brown eyes. Crying out, you immediately took off and ran towards the man who owned your heart.

                    Falling to your knees, you scooped the poor man's head into your lap; stroking his sweaty hair. Cassian was obviously dazed and didn't know where he was. He was gripping your tan jacket to the point where his knuckles were pale.

                     Kissing his forehead, the man immediately calmed down, relaxing his grip on your jacket, and letting his hands fall back down to his chest, "(Y/N)? Is that you?" he croaked, his voice cracking from dehydration and tiredness, "Where's Jyn?"

                    "Only you, Chirrut and Bodhi made it back," you replied, stroking his sweaty hair from his face, "It's a miracle."

                    His face shrewd up as his eyes snapped open. His eyes were bloodshot and burning, "It just doesn't make sense. I watched the fire. I felt the flames on my skin. I could feel death. Why am I here?"

                   "I had a weird dream after you left. This Convor came to me and I wished to save you and the others," you admit, pushing another thankful kiss to his forehead, but he shoved you off.

                    "Why did you save me over the others?" he snapped, obviously not thinking rationally about the situation, "Jyn had the Death Star plans! She was the only way we could've saved this sorry excuse for a Rebellion!"

                Your jaw dropped. You definitely weren't expecting this reunion. Sure this is a setback, but that doesn't mean the Rebellion is over! And besides, at least the two of you were together again,

                 "Did you absorb radiation on Scarif?" you snapped, the others slowly leaving the area at the sight of your conflict with the older male, "Be grateful that I saved you! I couldn't have lived with myself if I chose anyone else over you!"

                 "You should've been thinking about the betterment of the galaxy, not your relationships," he snapped back, slowly raising to his feet, "You might as well have left me to die— you've now just prolonged the inevitable."

                  This infuriated you. Cassian had no right treating you this way. You understood why he was upset, hell, you would've been upset too if you were in his shoes, but you're still his lover and he needs to respect your decisions, especially when you made them despite the consequences,

                    "I did it because I love you, Cass," you whispered, grabbing his hand, "I know you're upset, but this has given us another chance to run away together. You're supposed to be dead, so your influence on the Rebellion won't change if we leave. This is the perfect opportunity to start the family we've always wanted."

                   His face softened. His thumb rubbed soft and caring circles on your skin, causing goosebumps to appear down your back, "That sounds nice, doesn't it?"

                    "It really does, my love," you replied, leaning your head on his shoulder, taking in his familiar scent, "We could do it."

                     Cassian presses his lips onto yours but shakes his head, "I made a promise to Jyn. I will get those Death Star plans, even if it kills me," he smirks softly, "For a second time."

                    "Until then?" you asked, cradling the man in your arms.

                    "I must come to terms with the life I'm living," he replied, his face blank, "I must make those who have been lost proud. I must make their sacrifices not be in vein, and prove your jealousy with Jyn was wrongly placed."

                     Your jaw dropped again but you didn't reply, "I know that's why you chose Bodhi over her," he replied, "You hated her. But I won't hold that against you."

                      The next silence was painfully long, but you knew he was right. You had a mission too. Prove Morai wrong. Prove that you made the right decision, and prove to her that you can run a Rebellion just on hope. No one individual can turn the tide in war. Jyn will never be that defining point.

July 31st, 2020