Chapter 1: Peace was never the option.

(A/N: the following stuff is mostly from Wikipedia and there would be a little bit fiction involved. So, if you want to know about it in detail, kindly check reliable sources and do not take this seriously)

[1945]

"Jungkook! Jungkook!", a sudden voice startled Jungkook who was reading his book peacefully.

"What are you doing here so early Yoongi?", asked Jungkook as he kept his book away showing Yoongi that he has his full attention.

"Did you get your newspaper yet?"

"Yes, it must be in mother's room right now.", Jungkook stated.

"Go get it fast!! You will not believe what happened . GO!!", Yoongi exclaimed pushing Jungkook.

There was a certain spark in Yoongi's eyes today making Jungkook get on his feet and run towards his mother's room right away.

"Now read it aloud, carefully", Yoongi ordered as Jungkook sat down with the newspaper.

"The Empire of Japan surrenders to the Allies.", Jungkook eyes widened as he looked at Yoongi who was already smiling excitedly. He quickly averted his eyes to the newspaper again.

"According to the terms of Potsdam Declaration, Korea becomes inde.. independent",he finished in a shaky voice.

Tears filled Jungkook's eyes as he hugged Yoongi.

Yoongi on the other hand was emotional too.

"We..We are free now Jungkook. Everything would be better now.", Yoongi sniffled," I heard they would now give equal opportunity to everyone and .. and there can be a better health care. We all will not suffer anymore".

"Omg Yoongi you don't...you don't  know how happy I..I am Right now", Jungkook sobbed harder hugging Yoongi tighter in the process.

"Everything is going to be ok now. Good days will come", Yoongi patted Jungkook on his back.

They could hear the happiness around the neighborhood, giving them a hope for a new life.

All of them were happy but little did they know that happiness doesn't last long.

[1950]

At the middle of the night, North Korea invaded South Korea which caused clashes along the border and insurrection in the south.

Everything was disrupted

People suddenly had no homes

There was fire everywhere and everything was burned out from bombings

No one was safe, if anyone would go out their rate of coming back alive was very less

And the people who were alive were trying to stay alive.

Afterall, war don't bring lasting peace, only lasting deaths.

Loud knocks made Jungkook and his mother flinched badly.

They were hiding in underground bunkers.

Jungkook was about to check but his mother stopped him pleading him not to go.

Jungkook was almost..like almost convinced to stay but the knocks became louder and desperate.

"Jungkook! Jungkook open it...open it please. I need you so-...",a familiar voice was sobbing," I need you so much. Please just...Please just open the door Jungkook".

Jungkook rushed towards the bunker's door and opened it.

"Yoongi what are you doing here!?",Jungkook shouted and pulled him inside closing the door behind him.