New

Author's Note

Thanks for all the amazing name choices! I really liked the idea of using their middle names for their human names, so Sophie's going to be called Elizabeth/Eliza. I'm choosing Zack for Fitz since multiple people put that and I personally didn't like Roy. Thank you for helping me choose!

-animeunicorndragon

"Eliza! Get up already! You'll be late for school!" The blonde girl shifted in her bed and opened her eyes. She blinked, momentarily confused. 'What? What am I doing-oh, right! Winter break's over and school's back.'  Getting out of bed and nearly tripping over her own feet, she sighed and changed for school.

(time skip brought to you by lazy author)

"Morning, Adria!" Elizabeth waved at her best friend and headed to her first class, which was...history! She shook her head. She seemed to be forgetting a lot today. 'Now, which way is it...' Slipping into her seat, she stared out the window, barely paying attention to the class. She already knew most of it anyways. Since she had a photographic memory, she'd just skimmed over the history textbook and thought about it at night. As she daydreamed about unicorns and boys-she was 15 after all-, the teacher called on her to answer a question.

"Yep! The answer is...um..." Her mind went blank. She knew this. She'd gone over it yesterday! After lights out, she'd lay down in bed and read the textbook, so why couldn't she remember a simple answer? She flushed in embarrassment, the teacher looking at her weirdly. 'I'm sorry, I-don't know."As a straight-A student, as far as she could remember, she'd never missed an answer. The teacher sighed and asked another person. She shook it off, and tried to remember yesterday's textbook. No matter how hard she tried, nothing came to mind.

"I'm so confused," Elizabeth slumped into her cafeteria seat with a groan, startling Adria. "I forgot the history notes, I botched the science experiment, and I couldn't answer 5x12! What is going on?"

Adria gasped, pausing mid-bite of lunch to gawk at Elizabeth. "Huh? You forgot what 5x12 was?! It's 45, you idiot!" She received a glare in return, but Elizabeth eventually laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, you're amazing at math. Anyways, did you see Carye's new earrings? They're stunning!" Elizabeth and Adria proceeded to spend the rest of lunch talking to each other about other matters, forgetting Elizabeth's problems. Which was good, because the rest of the school day passed without incident.

But when she got home, she called out "Amy! Why are your shoes in the front door again?"

"Who's Amy?" Eve, her sister, popped out from the living room. She bounced up to Elizabeth, giving her a big hug.

Elizabeth blinked. "Uh...I have no idea." She shrugged, letting Eve drag her to the table for snacks.

Another Author's Note

Sorry for the really late update, oops...
Hope everyone's staying safe! Have a good day :D

-animeunicorndragon