Gone

"Sophie. Sophie? Sophie!!!" The voice jolted her out of sleep. Her eyes blinked open to see Fitz and an elderly elf with pointed ears looking at her. 

"Wha-huh? Oh." Sophie looked around, confused for a second, but then remembered where she was. She was in Eternalia, she had just said goodbye to her friends, and she was about to be banished to the human world. For the first time, the full reality of what would happen hit her. She would forget everything from her life and it would be replaced with a whole-new life, and she wouldn't even know Fitz anymore! She teared up and buried her face in Fitz's shoulder, maybe for the last time.

The elderly elf who had been there when she'd woken up cleared his throat. "Excuse me. My name is Firoth, and I am the elf who will replace your memories. Will you please follow me?" He walked out of the room, and held the door open for them. Fitz carefully pulled Sophie up and, holding her hand, walked after Firoth.

Firoth led them to another white room, this one without a window. There were two cots, side-by-side, but that was the only thing in the room. 

"Please lie down on the cots," Firoth said quietly. Sophie let go of Fitz's hand reluctantly and went over to a cot. Fitz went to the other one. 

"You won't feel a thing. If you have anything you wish to say to each other first, now is the time to say it."

Sophie shook her head. If she tried to say anything now, she would burst into tears.

Firoth leaned over Sophie and placed his hands on her temples. Slowly, she felt aspects of herself dripping away, and other things replacing them. Eventually, she fell asleep and knew no more.

Author's Note:

Oh-kay! There's another chapter. I think my upload schedule from now on will probably be about once a month. What with all the stuff happening now, and online school taking a lot of time in the day, the chapters will probably be quite short, but I'll try to do it once a moth-ish.

Anyways, everyone stay safe, stay healthy, and have a good day!

-animeunicorndragon