Goodbyes

Author's Note:

Ok. So we are just gonna pretend that Tam didn't get forced to join the Neverseen. And if that was a spoiler to you, well, you must be a person who likes spoilers, because I warned you! But Tam is a good boi and he doesn't deserve this. So since I have the powers of a person who can write fanfics, I'm changing it (lol).

-animeunicorndragon

20 Minutes Later

Sophie and Fitz were seated in a room somewhere in Eternalia. The room was silent. Sophie guessed Fitz was as shocked as she was. 

Keefe was right. They're just taking away our whole life.

The room was bright white, with two benches on either side of a rectangular table. Sophie and Fitz were on one of the benches, sitting close together. There was a large, round window where they could see Tribunal Hall. On the other side of the room, there was a door where they had come in and where their visitors would enter.

The first people who came in were Fitz's parents. As soon as Della saw them, she started crying. Alden walked over and enveloped them in a hug. 

"Grady and Edaline won't be coming," Whispered Alden. "They tried really hard, but...."

"What happened?" Sophie mumbled.

He released the hug. "Elwin had to sedate them."

Fitz moved closer to Sophie. She leaned on him, grateful for the support. 

"Remember that they love you, Sophie."

"I will" But it's sort of hard to remember stuff after your memory's been erased.

"May I talk to Fitz for a second?" Asked Alden.

Sophie nodded. Alden took Fitz's arm and transmitted something to him. Fitz murmured something in return, but Sophie didn't catch what he said. Alden hugged them again, and left. Della came over, embraced them, whispered something to each of them, and left, flickering in and out of  sight faster than ever before.

The next people who came in were their friends. They were all here; Biana, Dex, Tam, Linh, and........

Keefe.

Ever since Sophie and Fitz got together, Keefe had been very withdrawn, and when he did speak,  he spoke in a bitter tone. All of the times that Sophie tried to speak to him, he'd mutter an excuse and walk away. And when Fitz tried to talk to him? One time, Keefe had punched Fitz, because Fitz had asked why he wouldn't talk to Sophie.

"Fitz!!!" Cried Biana, rushing over to hug him.

Sophie jolted, brought back to the present. 

"Biana..." Whispered Fitz.

Biana started crying and fell to her knees. Tam rushed over to hold her up, and Biana turned to cling to him.

"Um, I'll just take her out, if that's okay." Said Tam, slightly embarrassed.

Fitz sighed sadly. "Sure. Thanks, Tam."

"Bye, guys. Hope you'll be okay. Come on, Biana." He said, turning to pick her up. Sophie saw a small tear fall from the corner of his eye. 

Linh went up to them next, with Dex hovering behind her. She was crying slightly, too. She gave them both a long hug, then got choked up and whispered a little 'bye' and left the room.

Dex came over last. He gave them each a small charm on a keychain. Sophie's was a Mr. Snuggles, and Fitz's was an Ella. 

"I just wanted to make something, so I made these. They're not useful, but..." Dex started sniffling. He went over and gave Sophie a long hug, and then went over to Fitz. "I'm sorry for all the times I didn't like you. You're not that bad." Dex smiled sadly and left.

Now, other than Sophie and Fitz, there was only one person left in the room. 

"Keefe?" Sophie ventured.

"Heh. I thought this day would come. But I thought it would be for me, not you and the Fitzter."

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked.

Keefe walked over and sat on the opposite bench. "Being banished. I wonder. If I got myself banished, could I go with you guys?" 

"Keefe! Please don't do that!" Exclaimed Sophie.

Keefe stood up and walked over to Fitz. "Don't feel like hugging you. High-five?" He asked, smirking.

Fitz sighed and gave him a high-five. Then Fitz pulled Keefe into a quick hug and said "If you didn't give me a hug you'd regret it, so I gave you a hug."

Keefe groaned and walked over to Sophie. He hugged her and whispered "Bye, Foster. I'll miss you. And I'd regret it if I didn't do this." Then, he pulled back and kissed her.

Sophie sat there in shock for three seconds until Fitz stood up and punched him, sending him flying to the ground.

"Jeez, Fitzy. Didn't need to punch me so hard." Complained Keefe.

Next to Sophie, Fitz was seething and looked like he was about to go over and punch Keefe again. Sophie pushed him back into his seat, and, in a monotone-but-angry-and-annoyed voice said "I think you should go, Keefe. Goodbye."

"Bye, Fitz. I'm sorry."

"You're not really sorry, are you though." Muttered Fitz.

"And Sophie?" Keefe turned to face her.

"Yes?"

"Please don't hate me."

Sophie didn't respond and Keefe left the room.

Sophie leaned into Fitz and sighed. "It's been a long two hours." 

"You can say that again." Growled Fitz.

"Mmm." Murmured Sophie, falling asleep on his shoulder, dreaming about the incident that got them banished.