Chapter 9: the worst

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to thank me kirko. I said I would help you and that's what I'm doing. Oh and you start tomorrow. The principal letting you in before the new semester."

"I love you lil sis"

"Love you too dumb butt" he laughs and I drive us home. He calls his nieces. I think of everything I said to Daniel and grab my notebook. I write it all into lyrics. I think my song is done. But I'm finna have to go to diggy's sooner or later to give them my song after I record it.

----

"Hey Nicole wassup?" Angela picks up the phone.

"Nothing are you at home?"

"Yea why?"

"Is Diggy at home?" I ask.

"No he's out with Jacob right now?"

"Did he say when he'd be back?"

"He left about 10minutes ago and he'll be back around 6"

"Okay I'll be over soon" I hang up. I really don't care how petty that sounded I just don't wanna see him.

I put on some shoes. I grab my bag and head to Daniel's house. Angela opens the door and follows me into the studio. She helps me record my song and I finish it all. I get it on a cd. I come out of the booth and Angela stops me.

"What happened between you and Diggy"

"What do you mean?"

"You called me to check if Diggy wasn't here. That's odd"

"He's with Melanie. So imma do me and he do him. Can you give this to your dads brother" I cut it off short. She nods and let's me go after I hand her the cd. When I get back in Kirko is on the phone to his nieces.

----

In the morning I wake up and take a shower. I wake up Kirko before I get dressed. I put on acid wash jeans and a sweatshirt written "ain't no wifey" across it, with a matching beanie.

Me and Daniel had been really close since our encounter. But after seeing him with Melanie like that, I'm crushed.

Kirko has been here since thanksgiving and its been 2 weeks. He's not fully healed, he's still got the dressings. He's finally opened up to me and I've opened up to him. He's like Markus but in Corona. He's had it tough for real but my parents are happy to have a son. Kirko's parents are deadbeats. His dad is in the game which is how he got into it and his mom is on drugs. Neither of them have been seen for over 4 years. He lived with his sister but her and her husband are going through some rough patches. And now he's got me.

"Come on nicole we need ta go. You stay daydreaming" I grab my bag and we walk to my car. I toot the horn and Nailyn runs out. We arrive at school and I walk with Kirko to the the front office. He's a senior but he's already 18. He gets his guide and he's been put in my classes. Daniel walks in and glances over. Kayree and the girls walk in after with Tyga and Chris.

"This is Tyga,chris, Meagan, Shay and Kayree my day 1 boo. These are the people I fucks with. Trevor too but he's in the other class. This is my brother Kirko"

"Damn Nicii. Your family all light skin huh"

"Shut ur Asian ass up tyga"

"That's hurtful. I am Asian. I am from Vietnam"

"Damn. I'm Japanese, Spanish , black and Jamaican"

"How many parents you got" I go to cuss him out but Mr Marson walks in