~¤ Chapter 14 ¤~

Xiao Zhan sat on the floor right after Wang Yibo left. He knew Wang Yibo saw him blushing  and he didn't know how to face him anymore.

It wasn't even a kiss. Just a touch yet Xiao Zhan's lower lip quivered due to the unfamiliar sensation. Rather than his embarrassment he feared that taking that incident Wang Yibo would treat him differently.

He looked up when he heard foot steps. Xiao Zhan nervously smiled at Wang Yibo but his smile disappeared after he saw the dull expression on the other's face.

God! Is he upset because of me?

Xiao Zhan immediately got up to apologise but making him startled a girl appeared from behind Wang Yibo.

She gazed at Xiao Zhan. Her expression, judging him from head to toe. Then she smiled.

"Hello! I'm Mei Lien. Nice to meet you!"

Xiao Zhan bowed politely.

"I'm Xiao Zhan..  nice to meet you"

Then she turned to Wang Yibo who was gazing at Xiao Zhan.

"By the way Wang Yibo! Xiao Zhan must be from a very rich family?"

Wang Yibo glared at her silently forcing her to shut up. He knew Mei Lien noticed a point to make Xiao Zhan feel weak.

"Are you from a rich family?" she directed the question towards Xiao Zhan who found it extremely weird and uncomfortable.

"W..well not really.. umm.. average.. i guess?" he said though he knew the economic state of the family was going below average.

Mei Lien titled her head lightly tapping her chin.

"Very weird.. Wang family doesn't keep connections with people who can't be put in the same class as them.. isn't it right Wang Yibo?"

"SHUT UP!" Wang Yibo yelled. He couldn't watch her drama anymore.
He saw how Xiao Zhan's face withered. He wanted to push her out of his life but if he had the power to do that he could have done that a long time ago.

Both Mei Lien and Xiao Zhan were shocked by Wang Yibo's sudden bluster.

"Is that how you call your girlfriend Wang Yibo?"

Xiao Zhan widen his eyes looking at Wang Yibo and Mei Lien.

Girlfriend??

Wang Yibo was mad , he took quick steps towards Xiao Zhan and gently held his hand.

"Zhan ge.."

Xiao Zhan didn't know what his eyes tried to convey him but he knew he was hurt.

"I'll go now Wang Yibo, the rain stopped right?" Xiao Zhan smiled and patted Wang Yibo's shoulder.

He quickly came out and didn't stop to say good bye. He found himself running away. His bag banging on his back, half dried hair partly messed up.

He wasn't mad for what the girl told him. He was used to that kind of insults. But he was some what disappointed. He couldn't get one thing off his head and he didn't know why.

His girlfriend??

-----------------------------------------------------------

Next day Wang Yibo locked himself inside the dark store room ignoring all his lessons. The haughty manner Mei Lien used was disgusting. And he didn't feel bad for dragging Mei Lien out and closing the door in her face.

For a moment he thought his friendship with Xiao Zhan was over. But the door opened. Wang Yibo got up when Xiao Zhan walked in with a huge box in his hands.

"Wang Yibo! Help me! This is heavy..."

Wang Yibo staggered towards the door taking the box to his hand.

"......this is not heavy.." he sneered.

".......... you show off.."

That made Wang Yibo smile. The whole thing was absolutely unbelievable for him , he never thought Xiao Zhan would bring his stuff to the room after that incident.

He carefully placed the box on the table and looked at Xiao Zhan who sat on a chair looking back at Wang Yibo.

"What is it?"

Wang Yibo sighed and slowly knelt infront of him. Xiao Zhan was confused and he leaned forward. He giggled when he saw Wang Yibo tying his shoe lace. Xiao Zhan was about to tell him to stop but Wang Yibo started to talk.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday." he said without looking up.

"It's alright. Your girlfr.."

"She's not" Wang Yibo quickly cut him off then ran a hand through his hair looking at the knot he made.

"It's complicated... why are people so greedy? There are no emotions in relationships anymore.. no emotions but a pile of money... do you understand Zhan ge?"

After a pause Xiao Zhan gave a nod.
But then he held Wang Yibo's hand.

"But not every relationship is like that right Wang Laoshi?"

His gentle voice gave Wang Yibo chills. He shyly said 'yes' under his breath.

Xiao Zhan burst into laughter when he noticed Wang Yibo's face turning red.

"Oh my god! Are you embarrassed??"

Wang Yibo pouted and averted his eyes without denying. Xiao Zhan ruffled Wang Yibo's hair finding his behaviour extremely adorable.

Wang Yibo quickly got up being unable to endure the touch. Xiao Zhan bit inside his cheek getting ready to tease Wang Yibo for some more but Wang yibo kept his hands either side of the chair trapping Xiao Zhan.

He gulped anxiously looking into Wang Yibo's eyes.

Wang Yibo gave a bitter smile.

"I've been hurt so many times. And I've hurt others so many times. But right now.. you are the only person I don't want to hurt Xiao Zhan"

He said in a low voice.

"I have seen you getting hurt and I can see so many things that can hurt you even more.. and I don't want myself to be one of them..."

His voice was cold and firm. He meant each and every word.

Leave me Zhan ge.. or you'll get hurt so badly...

Xiao Zhan looked as if he was frozen.
Wang Yibo took his hands  away turning to leave. Then he heard the other's voice.

"You'll never be one of them"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Slow updates.. I know.. I'm sorry. Hope you guys will forgive this poor author:)

Enjoy the story!

I love you all 💕

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>