The Gift of Giving

"Tony! Stop shaking the gift!" Pepper scolded him then frowned as he continued. She walked towards him angrily then ripped the wrapped gift out of his hands.

   "Pepper!" Tony whined.

   "You can't shake the gift!"

    "I'm trying to figure out what's in it."

    "Why can't you just wait?"

    "Cuz everyone is talking so longgggg."

    Pepper rolled her eyes and walked over to the tree, placing it back under it. When she turned around, Tony narrowed his eyes at her then started to crawl towards the tree to take back the gift. "Don't- even- think- about- it!" Pepper warned making Tony tense  in surprise upon the first word as his girlfriend didn't even turn around.

   Clint started to laugh.

  "You know Clint," you mused, leaning your forearms on the couch. "I remember someone doing the exact same thing as Tony not even five minutes ago."

  "Who?"

  Tasha smacked his arm. "You, idiot!"

   Clint rubbed his head then glared at her before arguing back with her. "I was not shaking it around like a maniac."

    Both you and Nat raised your eyebrows. "Really?" You both asked.

   "As I recall," you started, "you were trying to tear the gift open with your teeth until I hid it from you."

   "I still want to know where that is," Clint mumbled, arms crossed over his chest.

  "When are we going to start?" Bucky complained.

  "As soon as Bruce gets back from the lab," Pepper explained as she turned towards the elevator when everyone heard the ding.

   Loki rolled his eyes when he saw who walked out. "Finally," He muttered.

   Sorry!" Bruce apologized, looking flustered. "I forgot! I'm here though, I'm sorry."

  "May we start now?" Thor asked, a smile wide on his face. "I can't wait until we open presents!"

  "It's not all about the presents, Thor-" you were about to explain, but Tony cut you off with a scoff.

  "Of course it is, [Name]!"

  You rolled your eyes. "To you, yes it probably is, but to others-"

  Steve finished for you. "Christmas isn't all about getting it's more about family, giving, the joy that Christmas brings."

   Tony stared blankly at the two of you for a moment. "Lame."

  You and Steve threw up your hands in an "I give up" gesture. No matter how much the two of you tried to convince him what the true meaning of Christmas was, Tony didn't listen to any of it.

 "Let's start already," Clint grunted.

  The others all nodded their heads. "Alright, everyone grab the gift with their name on it." The Avengers scrambled to grab their gifts from the tree then sat back down, looking eagerly at the gifts. You were the last one to grab yours.

   Only the smallest gift was left under the tree so that meant it was yours. The box was about the size of an iPhone, but you knew that no one would be that generous. Plus, you already got a phone from Tony so you didn't need another one.

   You took the gift before walking back to your seat besides Clint on the floor, Nat sitting on the couch above the two of you.

 "Who goes first?" Bucky asked.