New York Lights (Christmas Special)

Mulai dari awal

           While they walked, you took out your wallet excitedly, seeing if you had enough money for the necklace. As you counted what you had saved, your smile fell and you slowly clasped your wallet back together before putting it into your purse and walking away.

           "No wait! [Name]!" Nat called after you before grasping your shoulder, stopping you so that you were still in front of the mirror. "What were you looking at?"

           "That necklace," You responded dully.

           "Do you like it?"

           "I love it," You responded sadly then glanced at the beautiful necklace longingly.

           Natasha still didn't seem to understand as she said, "Then why don't you buy it?"

           You sighed before answering, "I don't have enough money. It's too expensive. And I've been saving for so long."

           Tasha took your wallet from your open purse and started counting your money. "It looks like you have enough to me?" She stated, glancing at the price then back at your wallet, then to you.

           "Not if I'm going to buy a Christmas present for my secret Santa."

           Loki looked confused. "But you still have enough money to buy what you want. Why don't you just spend a little less on them so you can get the necklace?"

           "Christmas is the holiday of giving, it doesn't feel right. Sometimes I need to put others needs before my own," You sighed wistfully at the necklace before starting to walk away, Nat following you.

           It took you both a while of walking to realize that Loki hadn't been walking behind you like you had thought. When you both called his name he appeared next to you, scaring you. With a hand on your heart you playfully hit his arm. "Stop doing that!"

           He laughed. "It's just too much fun."

           "Where were you?" Nat asked, suspiciously.

           Loki put his hands in his pockets as if hiding something. "I wanted to startle [Name]," He admitted but Nat didn't look to sure about it.

           "If you guys want to keep looking we need to hurry," You reminded. Loki nodded quickly while Nat slowly nodded before the three of you started to walk again.

           After walking and laughing and talking together, Nat saw a store that she wanted to go into and told both of you that she would meet you both at Central Park. Now it was just you and Loki walking together.

           You and Loki had been talking for a while, but soon a peaceful silence enveloped both of you. You walked next to each other, your hand in your pockets while Loki's were swaying by his sides.

           Watching the windows made you remember about your Secret Santa. When you had drawn a name from the hat, you had gotten Pepper and couldn't have been happier. You didn't know who got you and you didn't know who everyone else got. The curiosity was overwhelming you and soon you had to talk about it. "So..." You asked, trying to be discreet about your asking, but Loki could tell you were up to something because of the playful look he gave you, knowing that you wanted to know something. You playfully nudged him as you walked. "Who did you get for your Secret Santa?"

           A smile formed on Loki’s face as he chuckled. "So that's what you want?" He laughed while you sheepishly nodded. "I thought you weren't supposed to tell."