New York Lights (Christmas Special)

Start from the beginning

           "Ready to go?" A voice suddenly asked, making you scream and jump behind Nat. After peaking from behind her, you saw Loki, who had used his magic to appear next to you, laughing hysterically at your reaction.

           "Loki!" You scolded lightly. "You need to stop doing that!"

           "Sorry," He apologized once his laughter died down, trying to hide the smirk tugging on his lips. Amusement sparked in his eyes seeing that you always were so startled by him. The God loved to use his magic to suddenly zap next to you and scare you. He did it every second he could and it freaked you out every time. You'd think you'd be used to it, but still no.

           "Is Bruce coming?" Tasha asked, glancing at her watch.

           Loki sighed. "I did offer to use my magic to teleport us both here but he made the decision to take the long way."

           Nat tapped her foot impatiently. When Bruce came out of the elevator Tasha muttered, "Finally," before walking towards the door.

           White fluffy snow was on the ground while more snow fell lightly from the sky. You smiled as you looked up and stuck out your tongue giggling when you caught a snowflake.         "Come on [Name], I want to go," Natasha said restlessly.

           "Alright, alright, I'm coming," You answered, rolling your eyes at her readiness to leave.

           Everyone started walking, your footprints in the snow showing where you had walked. Soon you found yourselves in Times Square. You smiled in awe while you looked at the lights that glittered throughout the streets. "New York is so beautiful during the winter," You sighed.    

           Bruce glanced at his watch. "I've got to head to the shop now to get my package," He announced. "Is it okay if I leave you guys and meet up with you in about two hours?"

           Nat looked over at you to see you nod in agreement. "Let's meet up at Central Park," You suggested.

           "Then we shall rendezvous there," Loki agreed while Bruce waved before he walked in the other direction leaving you, Loki and Nat alone.

           "Alright let's go window shopping now," Nat said before walking off down the sidewalk. You and Loki looked at each other, an eyebrow raised, before you both shrugged and followed her.

~~~~

           The three of you had been walking for a while, a few bags in Natasha's arm, but nothing in yours. You were saving your money for something special, something that you really wanted.

Loki and Nat were talking while the three of you walked with the light snow falling. Casually you glanced to your left where a few jewelry shops windows where and kept walking before your brain registered what you had seen. You stopped before slowly walking backwards to the window to see what had caught your eye.

           Awestruck, you put your hands up on the glass, peering into the window. In the middle of the display, there was the most beautiful necklace you had ever seen. The small, gold chain of the necklace created a gentle aura around it, while the bright diamonds glittered and gave a commanding look. The two contrastive attributes somehow complimented each other, a lot like snow against a bright sky.

           "Don't you think so, [Name]?" Loki asked smiling until he noticed you weren't beside him any longer. “[Name]?" He asked, turning around until he saw you a ways back. Both he and Nat gave each other a curious look on what had taken your interest so much before walking towards you.