Chapter 26: Are You Ready?

Start from the beginning

"I was learning about them, I thought I can at least help them some way or another—"

"Woah, Woah slow down there missy, what did I miss here? Elaborate." She chimed in, her eyes narrowing slightly from its shape to show her emotions behind those orbs.

"Jungkook explained to me last night, Lizzy. He told me the truth." You replied, feeling the sudden changes of wind messing up the little hairs around your nape as you straighten your back towards your friend. The confusion was crystal clear in Lizzy's eyes, she tilts her head as a response.

"Last night, he gave me an offer to think about. Jungkook was planning to go on a trip towards s The Northern Pack—which I'm very aware it is your pack—in search of a cure for his sickening curse." You breathed in. "I don't know whether you were hiding this fact from me or you didn't know, but Jeon Jungkook has a curse. The curse is preventing him to have any potential mate on this planet for as long as he lives."

"What— what do you mean? there's no— wHAT??? you're lying. The moon goddess wouldn't do such a thing." Lizzy's irrational thoughts resurfacing within her mind.

"I am not Lizzy, why would I lie such thing if I have lesser knowledge of this subject than you do? He told me that he was abandoned by his real pack and was forced to suffer within his supposed "home"—The Southern Pack. Lizzy, I-I think...you were wrong. Jungkook had never once been the bad guy, he was just simply hurt." You proudly enunciated, a hopeful faint smile on your lips.

"I- I don't know what to respond to that.." Lizzy replied silently. Although her expression was showing a sign of regret, confusion, and doubt. The witty mind of yours caught how there was a slightly hesitant within her, feeling courageous—you added back.

"I mean—It's okay, you don't have to believe me but do know, I'm only stating what has been unfolded for me" You reassured her, catching onto her hands. Lizzy had turned her head elsewhere, the strange gesture of her body tells you that she was having an inner conflict with herself.

"You know... Liz, I can prove you that Jungkook isn't as bad as you'd think he is." Feeling even more spirited—you chirped, hastily noticing how she immediately grew interested in your sudden behavior.

"How?"

"You can follow me on this journey! I- uh, I'm sure it'll be a long one, It would be pretty boring if you're not there."

"pretty boring? Are you sure you won't be too busy looking for all the forest mysteries there?" Lizzy playfully teased, knowing your curiosity tendencies.

"Oh, shut up."

"Fine. I'll go with you." Jumping out of your sit, a proud smile cast all over your face. "BUT!" Lizzy continued, her eyes seeking yours between the auburn skies mixing with fluffy white elements floating in the air. Hearing the condition, you couldn't help but slump your shoulder slightly in wonder.

"Under one condition."

"And that is?"

"If he fails to protect you, I'll break his neck off." At that—safe to say—failing attempt of threat, you cooed at her knowingly. The both of you ended up smiling through it all as the feathery blue birds on the branches sang along with the tune of your boisterous laughter.