Chapter 24 (THE END?)

Dear diary,

I haven't written in a long time, but I haven't wanted to. It has been really confusing for the past two days. First I'm a vampire and then I'm not. How is that possible? I am left with all these questions, and though Damon tries to be there for me, he doesn't understand. No one understands. The only one I have been seeing these few days has been Stefan, and that has made Damon distant. I don't know what to say to him... I like him, but just as a friend.

Audrey closed her diary and looked the white wall in front of her. She rubbed her neck before throwing the leather covered journal on the bed and moving her feet out of the bed. 

So, she was human again. Every pain of her earlier human life was back. The headache, nosebleeds, wounds. She didn't heal like she used to. And most importantly of all, she felt like being a vampire had been just a dream.

They hadn't talked about the fact that when Damon killed Elijah, Audrey had pushed him down with some kind of magical powers. Though after she used them, she felt different. But Stefan, Damon and Elena had just shoved it under a carpet where were also subjects like Elena's relationship with Damon, Bonnie being distant, Caroline almost not talking to them.

Suddenly Audrey felt tears drop from her eyes. She placed her hand over her eyes and just started crying. Her sobs were silent so that no one could hear. She didn't want to go to school she just wanted to go away somewhere.

Audrey got up from her bed and moved her wavy hair behind her ear. She grabbed her leather bag from the end of her bed and walked out of her room.

Soon she was at her destination. Audrey knocked three times on the heavy door before it got open. Damon looked at her, and she looked at him. Audrey tensed her jugular bone and swallowed.

"Hi."

"Hi," Damon whispered back dryly.

Flashback - Yesterday

They were at Audrey’s room. She was just going to sleep when Damon appearedAudrey took Damon's hand and smiled sadly. "We need to talk."

"I know," he said and cupped Audrey's face in his hands. She looked so beautiful, and Damon wished he wouldn't have to do this.

"I love you Damon," Audrey smiled and looked him in his baby blue eyes.

"I love you too, and that's why I have to let you go."

"No Damon please don't do this. I love you, do you hear me?" Audrey started panicking. She didn't have Vervain on. "I love you."

"I want you to live your life by the fullest. To grow old, decide if you want to have kids. That's why I need you to forget that I love you, forget our night and this conversation. I don't deserve you," Damon compelled Audrey. And one by one the memories were slowly erasing. A tear fell down from Damon's eye as he sped away.

Present

"Come on in," Damon moved aside from the doorframe and let her walk in. Audrey created a friendly smile and walked in.

"Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important," she said as she turned around and looked at Damon.

Damon nodded and held the best smirk he was able and gestured on the way of the library. "Right this way. Everyone's already here."

Audrey walked in to the library where Stefan, and Elena, and Rose were. Stefan created a tiny frown towards Damon who had lowered his eyes and seemed sad. Audrey went on and sat on the couch. Then Rose started talking.