Chapter 10

Audrey made one last curl into Elena's hair. She grabbed hairspray from the coffeetable next to her and sprayed it onto Elena's hair. Next was the corsette. Audrey was not jealous that Elena had to wear the dress and the corsette. It looked really painful and as Audrey tightened it Elena bit her lip and whined.

"Ouch, this dress hurts," Elena smiled with a tiny moan.

"Suck it in, baby," Jenna walked into the room and smiled to Elena. Audrey stepped back and Jenna took over. She glared around the room and hit her thighs.

"Listen I'm going to go, but I'll see you later," Audrey smiled to Elena through the mirror. Her sister nodded with a tiny smile.

***

Audrey flipped her hair back and walked closer to the parade, to see Elena and Stefan on the float. Before she had arrived to watch the parade she had bumped into Damon who was kind enough to inform her that John might be her father. As if it wasn't enough that John was an awful uncle he now was an awful dad. She had a navy blue dress that reached her knees and a white denim jacket.

Elena and Stefan were holding hands on the float, Caroline and Matt were also very comfortable with each other. Audrey raised her hand to wave at them. Elena's shining smile reached Audrey's eyes and her sister waved to her with a happy face. Audrey then looked at Stefan and smiled to him as well. He seemed happy as well, not at all bloodlusty. Audrey's eyecontact with them got disconnected as her least favorite Salvatore walked in front of her. His wide smirk and cute eye thing were too overwhelming to Audrey. She snorted with an eyeroll and directed her eyes else where, ignoring him completely.

"Well aren't you grumpy today," Damon said with a wider smirk Audrey couldn't resist to glance; and chuckle to.

"I'm not grumpy," she stared him, "I just don't like you."

Damon chuckled and took few steps forward. Audrey moved her eyes back to the float and kept ignoring Damon.

"You can't ignore me forever," he said with a wide and cocky smile.

"You're right," Audrey smiled and glanced at him, "I'm not a vampire. I can only ignore you till the day I die."

"Okay I'm sorry." Audrey turned her head to Damon with a frown. His cocky expression suddenly had changed into a very serious one.

"For what?" she raised one of her brows with a face full off surprise.

"For telling you the truth about who's your father so inappropriately," he said with a sincere look on his face. Audrey bit the inside of her lip and studied Damon's face. Was he truly sincere or just playing? Either way Audrey nodded, accepting the apology and smiling a little.

"Thank you Damon," she said making him look confused.

"For what?"

"For not being such an ass," tiny smirk was created on Audrey's face. Damon glanced at the sky and laughed silently. Audrey raised her eyes and pointed at Damon.

"And don't you make me regret what I said," her words started to echo in Damon's ears as she walked away.

***

Audrey walked inside the Mystic Grill and saw Jeremy sitting there on one of the tables. She started making her way to him untill she noticed Damon. He smirked to her and made her forget what she was doing. Damon got to her still with a wide smirk and doing his sexy eyething.

"Don't," Audrey raised her hand to him and glanced over to Jeremy.

"Before you start the flirty comments and the sexy eyething I need to talk to Jeremy," Audrey said and took a deep inhale. Jeremy and Elena's relationship was on hot rocks because Elena erased Jeremy's memory after Vicki's death. And as always, she tried to make a mense between her brother and sister.