Chapter 19

Elena and Stefan had broken up. Audrey had raised her brows to their decision but then just went along. It was okay, she guessed, but they shouldn't let Katherine control their lives. She was a real mean bitch sometimes.

So Elena had dragged Audrey into this commune park picnic thingy. In which she had dressed properly of course. Audrey was beginning to feel like herself. She was beginning to feel happy. And now she had her head clear again. She could see what she wanted, and what she needed. And she wanted him.

The park was full off sunshine, and the blue rock hanging down from her neck was making her able to be in it. Elena didn't really understand much of that, but Audrey was okay with it. Being a vampire wasn't what she had wanted. Hell the first few weeks she was messed up, didn't know anything of anything. And the light at the end of that dark and miserable emotionless tunnel was Damon Salvatore. He was there supporting her and giving her everything she needed. A strong figure leading her way out of the black.

The one thing Katherine Pierce had told to Audrey before vanishing was not to make the same mistake she did. Not to love him. Audrey couldn't help it. Like it was in her nature to be drawn towards him. So after a few greetings to all her friends she found Damon.

"Hey," Audrey said and leaned onto the table behind her and him. He looked at her plain amused and she bit her lip. "You know the fact that you haven't made a move on me is intriguing."

"Really? Would it be better if I made a move?" he said and moved her brown and now straight hair behind her ear. She smiled widely and kind of shyly. She didn't act the same way around him as she did with other boys, or men.

"Yes," Audrey said with a smile. Damon chuckled and shook his head slightly. Damon was getting closer and Audrey just stared at his lips. He was so beautiful; like an angel. Audrey just wanted to grab him and kiss him. Then her focus was interrupted by the buzzing coming from her phone in her pocket. She bit her lip and closed her eyes from annoyement that the buzzing phone caused her. She took the phone and opened the text message. Damon noticed Audrey's sister glaring at them. Elena was very judgy for Audrey's sister.

"I figure it's Elena. She really doesn't like me, does she?" Damon's voice was trying to sound like it didn't bother him, but it did. He had done some terrible things but nothing he had done was unforgivable. At least Audrey forgave him which was the most important thing. He moved his eyes on Audrey's face. Her face was confused because of his studying eyes. Audrey looked nice when she had straight hair, which was now on a perky ponytail. She smiled nervously and chuckled.

"Just give her some time. I didn't like you first either," Audrey snickered a little. "And now I like you."

"Oh?" Damon said playfully and Audrey nodded. "Go with Elena. I'll see you tonight?"

Audrey curled a wide smile on her face, "Okay. I'll see you tonight."

Her face smug she turned around and started walking over to Elena, who was not far away, but painting a verdana. Audrey was quickly with them, looking surprised. Why did she want here there again? What the hell was the point?

"Should I go talk to Stefan?" Elena asked and painted the wall. Audrey was astonished by the fact that Elena's emergency was this. There was something going on. Audrey squinted her eyes at Elena, but didn't say anything because Caroline was there next to them. There was nothing good in saying Caroline stuff like 'Are you and Stefan really breaking up or just acting like it because of Katherine?'.

"You wanted me here because of that? Seriously?" Audrey started to get kind of angry. Being a vampire and trying to control your feelings wasn't easy. For 90% of the time Audrey needed to grit her teeth and bit her lips so she wouldn't act like a crazy person. Every emotion was heightened, and god damn difficult to control.