Chapter 14

Audrey, Elena and Bonnie were at Mystic Falls high school preparing for the carneval. Now that Caroline was at the hospital, healing and that was good. Audrey was in a very chipper mood and Elena had questioned her in the morning when they were eating breakfest. Audrey had put a little bit of cinnamon in their coffee. Jenna had furrowed and made a comment about boys, hinting to Damon. Audrey had smiled to her strawberry blonde haired aunt mysteriously and winked. Jenna had scoffed but created a playful look.

Audrey put her hair on a wavy ponytail. She had jeans and a grey hoodie on. Her makeup was also very light, like always. The thing that caught attention in her face was her eyelashes.

"Katherine looked just like you guys, it was freakish," Bonnie woke Audrey from her thoughts. Elena nodded and sighed.

"She is our ancestor. Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria."

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a familyrember would. She was you," Bonnie still wondered. Audrey concentrated on taking toys out of the box.

"I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got," Elena said. Audrey chuckled and her friends glanced at her with confused looks.

"Audrey do you know something I don't?" Elena asked. Audrey frowned her lips and shooked her head.

"No of course not. Why would you think that?" Audrey smiled to her sister. It was wrong of her not to tell, but she was still kind of pissed.

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you? I mean she could be pretending both of you. Audrey with curls and Elena with straight hair. She is a splitten image of you guys," Bonnie continued with a brow raise.

"We don't but we could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or we could get these prizes to the ring toss," Elena spoke for Audrey. Again.

"So Audrey," Elena started with a wink. "Why were you so happy this morning?"

"Yeah Audrey? Usually you are super grumpy. Especially if Caroline has forced you into doing something you don't want to do," Bonnie snickered.

"Is it a boy?" Elena asked and pretended to be shocked.

"A girl?" Bonnie laughed and pushed Audrey playfully on the shoulder.

"We won't judge," Elena laughed and opened a new box of the prizes to the ringtoss.

"I am just happy because of something someone did for me. It was really sweet and, yeah. I don't know what I feel, honestly. So stop talking about it and focus," Audrey chuckled with a tiny frown.

"Okay, sorry, I'll focus. We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this," Bonnie changed the subject. Audrey sighed from relief. It wouldn't take long for them to figure out that someone gave her that necklace and that someone was Damon Salvatore.

"Well because she's not human, obviously," Elena said with a smile.

"Obviously," Audrey said and they all laughed. Audrey felt someone get behind her and turned immediately around. Jace Everett stood there with a cocky smile on his face. Audrey punched him.

"What are you doing here?" she said smiling still. Jace shrugged with a smirk.

"Thought I'd find you here, knowing you are friends with Caroline. She probably forced you into this," he put his hands in his pockets. Elena and Bonnie whispered something to each other and giggled. Audrey played with her necklace and leaned on her left foot.

"Well you found me. What do you want?" Audrey raised her other brow and gestured with her hands for him to say something.

"I, uh, just figured that you'd maybe want to spend time tomorrow? Or am I just making up the fact you said you could hang out some time," Jace's face full of hope Audrey remembered.