Chapter 1

Y/N POV

My fingers drum on the car's steering wheel as I watch the heavy rain pour down on the ground. When they said that a storm was rolling in I didn't think it would be this bad.

The rain drums on the roof and windshield as I drive down the dark road to my house. If I had known it would be this bad I wouldn't have gone to the store.

I sigh as I wish I hadn't left my nice warm house. As I pull into my driveway the flood light turns on and I'm blinded for a moment before I park my truck and just sit for a minute trying to get myself ready to leave my warm dry bubble and go out into the rain.

I look at the passenger seat at the big brown bags of groceries and wonder if I could take the three heavy bags in one go. I shrug and pick them up before readying my keys. I kick open the car door just as a gust of wind tries to knock it back on me.

The rain only gets heavier.

I sigh and make a run for the door as the rain soaks through my jacket way too easily. "Just my luck," I mutter and I unlock the front door and kick it open, sadly letting some rain water hit the wooden floor inside.

My eyes adjust to the dark hallway and I kick off my soaked shoes before slamming the door shut and heading to the kitchen to drop off the groceries.

There's a flash of lightning and I close my eyes as the bright light floods the hall and the deafening clap of thunder echoes through the empty house.

As I dump the brown paper bags on the kitchen counter I look down at my partially soaked clothes. I decide unpacking can wait and that I'll go take a hot shower first.

~time skip to after the shower~

I walk out of the bathroom wearing a oversized hoodie with a towel draped over my shoulders. As I flick on the hallway light I notice a small, dark shadow scurry into the kitchen. "What the..." I mutter to myself in confusion.

I sigh hoping it's not a mouse since mice are the last thing I need right now with my editor breathing down my neck to get a manuscript done.

I creep down the hallway to the kitchen and reach for the kitchen light, flicking it on I see... A small person?

I blink in confusion at what I find in front of me. A small girl about half the size of a Barbie doll stands next to my groceries. She's shaking in fear at the sight of me.

I take in her messy brown hair and dirty pink dress. Her green eyes stare up at me and I stand there dumbstruck.

As I stare at her with my e/c eyes her green ones start to fill up with tears and I'm torn from my trance as the small girl starts to cry.

I start to panic wondering what to do. I've never been good with kids and even then they were usually human sized.

"Uh... Please don't cry...?" I say but it ends up as more of a question. I get a sniffle in response. Sighing I wonder if I've finally lost it.

"Uh what's your name?" I ask the crying kid.

"... Sally," she replies after a pause.

***

A/N I hope you liked the first chapter even if it's a little short, I just wanted to get it done and out