The Invisible Crime Fighter

September 12, 2017, Southside Atlanta, Georgia

It was a busy afternoon in the city of Atlanta. Many of the residents were out and about carrying on their daily routines. This city was also full of rumors and one of them was that an Invisible Crimefighter has been patrolling the city's streets. He has been fighting crime in the city for 5 months. The city police have been trying to track him down but each time the trail goes cold. This mysterious vigilante has been a thorn in law enforcement's side. The Detectives have been working endlessly to try to identify the Invisible vigilante. Some of the residents see him as a hero and savior. Two detectives of the city's southern precinct was on the case. Detectives Deon Garner and Stacey Montgomery. Stacy was new on the case and Deon was her partner. Both of them was born and raised in the ATL. "Hey Detective Garner, are you sure this tip is legit?" she asked her partner.

"Don't worry baby girl, I've been a detective for 15 years. Each tip I receive about a case never led me wrong. Trust me, baby girl, I want to bag this Invisible vigilante too. We'll teach him that the only law enforcers in this city are us." Detective Garner mentioned with confidence.

"Please stop calling me, baby girl. I'm a grown woman and a detective for ATL'S finest. Let's focus on finding this person who can give us info about the vigilante." Detective Montgomery responded. 

"I can't help myself, sister. It's just a habit we have down here in the city. Another reason I call you baby girl is because you're younger and green in this line of work. It's my job to show you the ropes about being a detective. I'm also responsible for your safety Detective Montgomery." Detective Garner replied. 

Detective Montgomery was in her 20s stood about a 5'5" with an athletic build. Her skin tone was a smooth mahogany color and her hair was styled naturally. Detective Montgomery was a decent looking woman and many men on the force tried to ask her out. She turns them down and has a code to not date a co-worker. Detective Garner was 40 years old in decent shape. He spent his early years as a police officer and rank up to detective. He stood at 6'0" with a brown complexion and wore a goatee. His hair was styled into a fade with waves. Detective Garner was a husband and father of three. He took his job seriously and refuse to give up on a case.

"Just who's this person that can provide us with info?" Detective Montgomery asked. 

Detective Garner pulls his car in front of the pawnshop and points to a homeless man pushing a cart. That guy over there is our info broker. "Old Scrapper knows all the rumors on these streets. I trust his info and have never let me down."

The Homeless man looks towards the detective's car and waves at them. "What's up, Detective Garner? Oh, who's that fine thing you have with you?" Scrapper mentioned while glancing at Stacy. 

"Hey Old Scrapper, show some respect to my partner. This is Detective Stacy Montgomery, she was assigned to me on this case. She's green but in due time I'll have her broken in." Detective Garner admitted.

"My bad Detective Garner, he apologized. Young lady, I'm known as Old Scrapper and been on these streets for the last 10 years."

"Why do they call you Old Scrapper?" Detective Montgomery asked the homeless man. 

The old homeless man chuckled. "I'm a scrapper of things and information. I venture around the city and salvage items. I find old appliances, electronics, and restore them. I restore them and sell the items to pawnshops or people on the streets. My name is well known on these streets."

"How did you manage to survive on the streets for this long? You do know the city has many homeless shelters." Detective Montgomery mentioned. 

"Let's just say that I'm blessed with the wits and skills to survive. It can be rough sometimes but to be honest I feel freer than most people in society. No bills, No Job, and No worries. All I have is my skills and hustle." He replied.