"Just kidding," Zach chuckled to himself, as he started going towards the cafeteria. "I am going to go and check on a chick I met during the holidays. See ya."

I nodded as he went his way and I made my way to coach Kerba's cabin.

Coach Kerba was a cool man. He is tough on everyone of us, but he knows how to shape eveyone up for a game. He is always serious about winning and being truthful to the game. He was the one that decided that I should be the captain for the team.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting captaincy. After Zach, I thought he would make Diego the captain as Diego was the senior. But being the quaterback of the team, I was made the captain. And surprisingly, no one protested against it. Even if my team kept secrets from me, they atleast support me in the game.

"Charlie! Come in." Coach invited me in after I knocked at his already opened door.

The meeting lasted for about a hour. As the captain, I needed to go through the plans for the remaining game with Hillcrest School. After the Homecoming game, both the school boards decided it would be okay to keep the game this semester.

Both the teams suffered loss. We lost Zach and Monty, they lost Bryce. So both the teams needed time to get back.

"Also, Justin Foley would start training with us." He informed me at the end as I got up from the chair. "I haven't exactly planned anything for him yet, thought maybe you will have some ideas."

"Yeah, I'll think something for him. No problem." I gave him a smile and exited his cabin, making my way towards my locker.

Students were still roaming around the hallways, as today was given free for the Fair.

"Charlie! The person I was looking for!" Diego Torres was waiting for me at my locker. He had a jersey in hand. "Coach told me you were meeting him today."

Diego was a good person in general. He was truthful to the game, and also to his team members. That's why when Monty was arrested, he was the one to convince the team that Monty hadn't killed Bryce.

So yes, he was a person I should worry about.

"Yeah, we were discussing the plans for the remaining game." Opening the locker, I kept my books in. My Spanish was weak, so the teacher has given me some exercises to solve in the holidays. Which I haven't completed yet.

So that's my plan for today, sit in the spanish class and torture the teacher with my doubts.

"Well, the team is excited." Diego informed. "But that's not why I am here for."

That's when I noticed the number on the jersey he was wearing. He was number 27, not 32.

32 was Monty.

Oh shit. What is the team doing?

"We are holding a tribute for Monty." He handed me the jersey in his hand, and I unfolded it to see number 32. "Everyone on the team is wearing this today, so we expect our captain to tribute him too, even if you don't care much."

Before I could even deny wearing it, he was already on his way to somewhere.

There's no way I was wearing this jersey. For the team Monty was innocent, and he actually was in case of Bryce Walker's murder. But they don't acknowledge the fact that he was still a rapist. Moreover, I don't think Monty would've considered me as a friend after what I did.

I just kept the jersey in my locker, and made my way to the Spanish class. I just hope this jersey tribute wouldn't cause any problems.

But when I went to the school cafeteria for lunch, I didn't realise that this jersey thing would end in a fight.