42. Feast

Seanna's POV

Saying I was stunned was an understatement.

When Adailia suddenly burst into the ladies washroom, looking like she just ate a ton of chocolate cake, while I was washing hands, was surprising.

Then she just said something even more surprising which had my mouth hanging open.

Raashid asked me out for the feast?!

I first thought she was just joking but her expression was so serious..well, seriously happy that I couldn't even bring myself to confirm if she's serious.

Raashid and I were friends for a few weeks. But he was more close to Adailia (which was surprising yet understandable). So if he would've taken anyone, it would've been Adailia.

After Adailia's attitude changed completely a few months ago, she's been very friendly with everyone.

I still couldn't believe that she is the same person who made me want to die every single day since I set my foot in this mansion.

But I am happy that she changed.

More than happy and I wish she could stay like this forever.

But right now, something's wrong with Raashid.

We were friends and we have chatted a few times but we aren't that close.

Besides, I already asked Mari, who has been one of my closest friends for a while, out for the feast, but he refused, saying he wasn't going. Mari and I usually used to exchange greetings and talk about homework and all since the two of us shared most of the classes together. But we surprisingly started talking more this year and basically became best friends when I caught him reading a romance novel in a far corner of the library a few months ago. I didn't tell anyone because he said he placed a spell on me which will turn me into a ferret if I ever talk about it to anyone. I personally did not believe that he can perform such a complicated transfiguration spell, but I was too scared to test it.

Anyway, I had to know what's up with Raashid so I took out the communication notebook Mari gave me, so he could tell me if he found out the solution to.....my problem.

Mari.

I wrote in there and waited for Mari's response. After about two hours, when I finished reading a romance book, the communication book began glowing. I opened the book to see a message written hurriedly yet elegantly which was most definitely Mari's handwriting.

I don't know anyone named Mari.

I rolled my eyes and wrote again,

Marinus, I need to talk to you.

A new sentence appeared a second later.

Too bad you'll have to write, since we can't exactly talk.

I snorted, I could actually hear his sarcastic voice saying that.

Something's wrong with Raashid.

He responded after a second,

Like I didn't already know that, but please do share your experience.

Adailia said he wants to take 'me' out for the feast.

Okay something's definitely wrong with him. I'll go check on him, wait for a few minutes.

After that, he didn't respond for a while,

He messed up. He actually wanted to ask Adailia out for the feast but she asked that western maniac out, in front of him, so he kind of said he wanted to ask you out, out of jealousy.