28. Radish & Rose

I stared at the ceiling with angels and cupids painted on it. It was past midnight.

And I can't get a wink of sleep...

...because of some certain memories.

'Shitty Emperor...'

'I pity this empire and it's people..'

'You suck!

'Shut the fuck up, you water boy!'
(never actually said that but my brain loves to exaggerate shit)

*Flips the Empire's Crown Prince off*

Uwaaaa!! How can I say that?!?!?

Even though I was that angry I can't say things like that to a kid. Especially if that kid is the future emperor of a huge ass empire, who also plans on killing me in the future.

Even I wouldn't trust myself in that condition. He never trusted the original Adailia, neither should he. How weird it would've been if your archenemy suddenly comes to you and tells you to trust them in something. That's straight up shady. Besides he had so many things on his mind at that time that it wasn't possible to take in everything I said.

But I was an inconsiderate bitch and cursed him. Ughh!

What even sucks more is that one wrong word against royalty can get you in jail for 3 months. And the number of curses and rude hand gesture I did can make sure I never see the blue sky for 2 years.

I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down.

Don't worry. The Archdude will get me out of jail.

That thought calmed me down...

..only for a second.

But what if he can't??

That thought again sent me on a spree of self-loathing and I again blamed my stupid mouth for losing control.

After what seemed like hours, I got up, locked the door, got changed, grabbed my ring, said the magic words and then POOF!

"Why would you call me in the middle of the night?" The reaper asked.

"I can't sleep."

".........You want me to sing you a lullaby or what?"

"Nah, just drop me off to that bar and bring me back home once I pass out. This way I get to sleep."  I explained. This was a shit reason but my brain was too panicked to care.

He looked at me incredulously.

"But we already went there last week." He complained.

"Just do it this once. You won't see my face next month." I said.

"You always say that. Even though we agreed on meeting two times a month, you end up calling me three times at the least.", He grumbled.

"Well, you need to repent for your mistakes. I died because of you. It'll be better if you shut up and cooperate with me. Maybe I'll forgive you a bit sooner." I argued (though I was not planning on forgiving him any time soon).

He pondered on it for a second.

"Okay. I'll drop you there. Don't forget your wig." He said.

"Oh right!" I said and grabbed my wig placing it on my head and adjusting it.

He held out a hand which I took then whoosh and we were standing in the same alley from where the bar was just around the corner.
__
____