21. The Competition

Adailia's POV

After detention, I only had to go to school for a single day and then I had two days off for myself.

The school was open only for four days in a week and the rest three days were holidays (Bless whoever came up with this idea). This was done because nobles had a lot of other things to do besides attending the Royal Academy. Like noblewomen have tea parties and social gathering every weekend (which I was not invited to nor did I care anyway) while young noblemen need to supervise and administer some divisions in the capital to help their father.

I had two days for myself since there was the life-threatening competition on the second day and the third day was again off.

I decided to invest these two days carefully.

And that is why I left for the library and brought a handful of romance books.

I didn't even realise when the holiday was over and the day of the competition arrived.

All the final year students were supposed to assemble in the schoolyard in the afternoon, wearing a specially designed uniform which was common for both girls and boys.

I wore a pair of super comfortable white pants with a white button up shirt and....a...what was that colour again? A very dark shade of red and kind of brown... Moron? Eh! No... Uh..Maroon..yeah! Maroon! So I wore a maroon blazer with golden embroidery done on the folds. My hair was pinned in a tight bun which made me look really pretty.

It's been so long since I wore pants. Feels nice.

I stared at people who started filling the schoolyard wearing similar clothes as I had.

I read the notes which I noted down a week ago before the ball. In the novel, nobody pairs up with Traashid since they feared Adailia. So Traashid participated in the competition alone and won.

There were three levels that the competitors need to complete. It was like a relay between two people. The starting participant will be given a key that will open the magic ball.

The first challenge was crossing the lake. All the students in the knight faction were supposed to do the first challenge. However, to cross the lake, they'll need to do Math.

It was a belief that knights were not smart and that was true, so as a challenge each individual knight will be given a sum to solve and they'll have to step on the stone which has the correct answer painted on it. The stones and the set up was bewitched by the Archmage. If they step on the stone which has the wrong answer, the stone will sink and they'll have to cross the lake swimming. It was mentioned that half the knight population crossed the lake by swimming.

Basically, it's like Multiple choice questions since only one answer is correct and the rest are just for confusing people.

In the second challenge, only mages will participate. After crossing the lake, the knight will handover the key to the mage and the mage will cross the maze. However, that maze has lots of mysterious creatures in it which the mages will have to fight with their powers.

After that, in the third challenge, both mage and the knight will find the magic ball which is hidden in the forest at the bottom of the pond which Traashid will discover.

I was brought back to my senses when I saw a blue dress in the midst of the maroon blazers.

Originally, Adailia doesn't wear this dress (because she likes to stand out in the most stupid ways ever) but she wasn't the only one.

I sighed as I looked at Olivia, making a joke out of herself.

She wore a blue fancy dress and her hair were let down and she fanned herself with a matching fan. Hah. Such a show-off.