34. She is a Mage!

A/N: I'll be updating this story once a week from now onwards (thanks to online classes giving me a ton shit of homework). But I'll start updating alternate days from the second week of July. Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

I stared at Choco in shock and she looked at me, equally shocked.

"Am I hallucinating or did that plate just really flew into her hands?" I finally asked.

And Choco panicked.

"I -I don't know-", " She is a mage!" Seanna exclaimed excitedly and clapped her hands together, "You are a mage, Choco!"

Choco blinked in confusion and I looked at Seanna, "How...?"

"All the newborn children in Obelia have some small amount of mana in them." Seanna started explaining, "Most of them lose all their mana till they become three years old, but some children's mana grows over time till it begins to form a certain type of power by the time they are six.

"When I was seven I once touched an injured cat and the wound healed itself." She said, "And that's when I was categorised as a healing mage and easily got enrolled in the Royal Academy."

"So Choco's a mage...." I started, "Who can move around objects without touching them. That's one of the best kind of powers." Seanna finished.

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed, smiling at Choco who had a blank expression on her face.

"And since we know she is a mage, she can be enrolled in the Royal Academy if she has enough mana in her!" Seanna added and I beamed.

"Choco! We can go to the same school together!" I said excitedly.

Royal Academy has classes for kids of all age groups. A noblewoman or man can get enrolled when they are 6. For a mage, they can do it as soon as they discover their power. In the knight faction, only commoners with talent for swords can enrol for free in the Academy, otherwise, the knight faction is only open for nobles and require fee to get enrolled. The mage faction, however, is open to all the kids with powers and fee is not asked from the commoners.

"I....can do magic?" She asked, tilting her head sideways.

"Of course! Oh Yess! I feel like a proud mother!" I said and Seanna chuckled, "Aren't you too young to be a mother?" She commented.

"You thought. I'm much older than you think I am." I replied sarcastically (though I was telling the truth) and she laughed.

__
___

The next day I talked to father about taking Choco to the Academy and he agreed. Mother was also in favour of supporting the other kids from the orphanage.

I went to the Academy an hour early the other day, we had to talk to the head of the Mage's department.

Seanna was doing all the talking and Choco was taken to test how much mana she had, leaving me alone outside the door, waiting for them.

"Good morning Lady Adailia." Came a voice from my right and I turned my head to see Raashid and Mari (who had a few papers in his hands) approaching me.

"Good morning, your highness and Mari..nus." I quickly greeted them (almost calling Mari 'Mari' who noticed that and send me a light glare), "Your highness, I was wondering if you figured out who sent assassin to kill you?" I asked. The last time we conversed, the assassin who was sent to kill Raashid still hadn't opened his mouth (even after he was brutally tortured for over a month).

Raashid sighed, "Actually, yes. He was hired by one of the higher nobles in Peruka who had invested in the slavery system, for revenge or something like that. We found that out just yesterday." He said and I nodded. "Anyway, what brings you here so early? And in the mage's building at that?" He asked.