30. I Almost Died....AGAIN!

A/N: This book just reached 50k reads and 2.4k votes and I'm super happy about it :) So here's a double update as a celebration. Thank you for reading and voting for this book, also for commenting on it (it's really fun and encouraging to read). I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

"Sir Gaston, could you please call Elsa? I need her to do my hair. Also, ask Ariel to check on Seanna, to see if she's ready." I ordered the knight outside my door. He nodded and went to do what I told him.

I was invited to attend a relief programme by Raashid. Due to the incident near the orphanage, a lot of distrust and anxiety grew within the society and a few houses just beside the orphanage also got burned.

So Raashid himself is providing food, clothes and stuff like that to the people around the area. I was the only one (among the nobles) invited since I played a major role in saving the kids.

Originally, there was no such programme. The kidnappers had already passed the East portals by the time he realised that it was a distraction. The fire was handled properly since there were a proper number of guards, so there wasn't much damage. However, due to the death of the children in the carriage that got crushed, the Prince had to pay a visit to the burial of all their dead bodies as a sign of...uhhh....... something (I don't remember everything in detail).

So after the mini tea party I had with Seanna (which was so fun), I got a royal letter from Raashid.

In a very unroyal way.

Like a huge Eagle just suddenly barged into my room from the window and I freaked out so bad I started screaming and ran out like a madwoman in my evening gown.

The knights outside my door were ready to kill the bird but they saw a  letter attached to its leg and stopped.

It was an invitation asking me if I would like to join him for his visit to the commoners the next weekend.

I thought it would be a nice way to make friends with Raashid. Plus, I decide to invite Seanna with me so I could see some plot development between the two main characters (if something nice happened by chance).

I replied a yes and added a PS telling him to not send a bird next time.

"I'm ready, Lad- uh Adailia," Seanna said, coming into my room (not without knocking first).

"I'm almost ready. I just need Elsa to do my hair." I said as I motioned her to sit on my bed.

My relationship with Seanna improved drastically after the tea party.

She was very reluctant to talk at first but after half an hour she finally opened up and we had a nice long conversation which ended up with me inviting her over for a tea the very next day.

I would also invite Choco over, who was currently staying in Seanna's room (she took a liking to the small girl and insisted they share a room). Actually, on Choco's first night in the mansion, she was allotted a guest room. However, she couldn't sleep alone so she came over to my room. But since I was away that night (drinking away my tensions) she went over to Seanna's room instead.

All the kids of the orphanage were shifted to Aiden's mansion two days later, who obviously allowed when I asked. Choco still continued living in the mansion with us.

So after our fifth mini tea party (in the same week), I told Seanna to call me by my name which she did very hesitantly.

The maids and the guards were very happy at our progress and eventually loosened up to me as well. We would often make some jokes and share more words than some mere greetings.