Chapter 2

(A/N: SORRY SORRY SORRY I KNOW I'M AWFUL!!!! I've been inactive for a while now. I feel really bad that I haven't written the next chapter like I promised, so hopefully this one will be good enough to make up for it!!!!!)

After a marathon of Disney movies, including Lady and the Tramp, Tangled, and The Lion King, you started to feel your eyes drooping, which was weird. Hell, you had just had a very long nap with Jon. So, what was going on- did Jon roofie you or something? You almost laughed out loud at your suspicions. Maybe I'm just tired emotionally. It's hard work, convincing your best friend that the world isn't going to end, you thought wryly. It was so weird to think that just because his significant other probably left him, Jon seems convinced that nothing is worth it now. You frowned. Is it really possible for one person to have that profound of an effect on someone else? You wondered. Yes, it was possible, you realised. Jon had exactly that effect on you. A ball of blankets stirred and rolled over to face you, pulling you out of your thoughts. It was Jon, wrapped from head to toe in almost every single blanket you owned. He smiled shyly up at you. "(Y/N)!" He exclaimed happily.

You snorted slightly. "Blanket hog."

He gave you his best puppy dog eyes. "You weren't using them!" He tried to defend himself.

"Well, I couldn't use them while you were wrapped in them!!" You retorted, snickering.

Jon didn't answer for a little bit, then turned to you again. "(Y/N)...." He whined.

"Whaaaaat?" You asked.

"I need another blanket."
"What?" You laughed. "No. We literally only own one more, and I'm using it."

"Then YOU'LL have to be my blanket!" Jon laughed as he pulled you into his lap and hugged you tightly.

"U-uh..." You stammered, turning bright red. Had he forgotten all about Sophie already? How odd.

You two sat in silence for the rest of the film, you on his lap leaning against his chest, and him beneath you playing with your hair. As the credits rolled in the background, Jon piped up, "Hey, (Y/N)?"

"Y-yeah?" You asked, raising your head up to look at him.

"W-why have you been the only person who's supported me like this?" He asked.

"U-uh....well.." You stuttered awkwardly, not meeting his eyes. Now is not the time to say: Hey, Jon! Remember me, your best friend since high school? Well, funny story: "I'm totally in love with you!!"

Jons' eyes widened almost comically and his forehead knitted. That's when you realized:

I totally just said that out loud.

You put both hands over your mouth, your eyes filling with tears. "I'm sorry..." You mumbled, quickly getting off of his lap and pulling on a random coat.

"H-hey, wait-" Jon began, but you cut him off by wrenching the door of your apartment open and closing it with a slam.

You ran down the stairs of your apartment building, taking them two at a time. You didn't stop running until you reached your safe place: Los Angeles County Library. Ever since you were a little girl, going to the library was almost your equivilant to church. You began wandering the aisles and aisles of books, searching for the perfect book to take you to another land. Finally, you spotted it. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. By Kate DiCamillo. You slid it off of the shelf, feeling the almost cardboardy texture of the cover and the grainy dustiness of the pages. People really ought to read this book more often, you thought to yourself. The meaning changes every time I read it for me. You brung the book to a squashy armchair by a window, and sat down and opened the book. You had just gotten to the part where Edward Tulane was thrown off of the train by the conductor, and how desperately alone and sad he was. If I were Edward, you thought, I would just go back to Abilene and forget this whole thing ever happened. Abilene loved Edward even though her parents thought her too old for loving a toy. Abilene was the girl who loved Edward first. How unfair that it took all that time just to realise that love is what makes the journey of life worthwhile.

And just like that, you knew.

You knew that you had to own up to what you said to Jon.

And that even if he didn't feel the same...you'd always be there. Maybe, you were like Abeline and Jon was like Edward. Maybe he had to go through much more hardship (and much more loves) before he realised how much he loved you.

You set off to go back to your apartment with this in mind.

(another A/N: HEHE...well, this chapter is done. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty proud of this chapter. As always, let me know how you felt about this chapter. Also, if you feel like it, theorize! Who knows, I might even use one of yours ;). Get this to seven comments (like last time) and I'll make the next chapter!)

Acronym Key:

(Y/N): Your' name

A/N: Authors' note