Chapter 1

You woke up laying next to Jon on your cheap garage sale couch, with his arms wrapped around you from behind (also known as spooning.). You felt his breath on your neck, a brief icy blast which lightly ruffled your hair. You could feel his warm arms wrapped around you tightly as if he was never going to let go, and you could smell his watermelon shampoo. You sighed and absently snuggled closer to him, half-asleep. Then you jolted awake and shot away from his warm grasp.

It was a trap. Anyone who held you like that was a trap. Never let anyone get too close to you, because if they do, they'll be walking away with another girl holding one of his hands and your broken heart in the other. Your mothers' words came floating back to you like a summer breeze. Only, summer breezes were warm and comfortable, and people often look forward to them. No, this was more of a winter breeze, cold and bitter and inspiring a feeling of hopelessness deep in your belly.

Still on the couch, Jon rubbed his eyes groggily and sat up. He saw that you were trying to leave, and he slowly connected the dots in his sleep-impaired brain. "Wha...d-did we...d-did I..." His icy blue eyes were wide open now, presumably in panic.

"Chill, Jonathan." You teased, rolling your eyes. "Nothing happened, we just...fell asleep, I guess."

Letting out a sigh of relief, Jon stood up and rubbed his eyes. "Good...I mean, not that us, well, you know, doing that would be a bad thing necessarily, b-but it wouldn't be a good thing either, uh, well, you know..." He stammered, his face turning more red with each new word he uttered.

You rolled your eyes, confused as to why he was acting like a high school guy with a crush. "Uh, thank you, I think. Are you going to make up with Sophie?"

"I-I don't know....I want her back so badly but I don't know if I have the strength to do it...what if I'm just not good enough for her? It wouldn't surprise me, her being the amazing person that she is." Jon muttered, seeming to forget the awkwardness and sniffling sadly.

Your heart broke a little inside when you saw how depressed he looked. Jon was always the cheerful one, ever since high school. It was so weird to see him like this. But at the same time, you wondered why he has stayed with Sophie if all she has caused him is pain? Maybe this is what love does to people, you thought as you sat like a zombie, frozen, as you watched your best friend sob with his head in his hands. You slowly wrapped your arms around his shoulders and leaned into him, which seemed to only make Jon cry harder. You turned your head to face him and wiped his tears. "Hey, c'mon now." You whispered softly.

"I-I don't u-understand...w-why couldn't she j-just support m-me..?" Jon sobbed into your shoulder.

"Jon, I don't know....but I think what would be best is if you would think, really think about if all of this pain is worth it...just for some girl who won't stick by you." You replied.

Jon sat up slowly, wiping his face with his sleeve. "I-I don't know....I really don't know." He muttered.

"Well, then, maybe you two should take a break so you can think about this..I absolutely hate seeing you this sad." You sighed, rubbing circles on his back.

"T-that sounds nice...." Jon trailed off, then turned and stared you in the eyes. "...thank you, (Y/N)." He smiled softly.

You turned away and shoved his shoulder lightly. "A-aw, c'mon, don't smile at me like that..." You blushed.

He just chuckled and snuggled his head into the crook of your neck. "...(Y/N), can we eat ice cream and watch Disney movies together?" He asked, sounding like a little kid.

You smiled and stood up, and after a few moments you returned with a huge tub of ice cream and a stack of old Disney DVDs. "Of course, Jonny." You smiled softly and pulled a fuzzy blanket over the two of you.

"Yaaaay!!!" He exclaimed, clapping like a child at a circus.

You sighed slightly and looked at his happy face. He seemed to have forgotten all about Sophie, just being with you. Ah, w-well....at least he's happy. You thought to yourself, grinning slightly. You leaned into him and tried to focus on the TV, but your thoughts wandered more than a curious puppy at the park for the first time. Of course, the only reason he forgot about Sophie was because I was with him....there's no way he could actually be in love with me. Not like I am with him. God, I hate it. The day he announced that he was going out with Sophie, I cried for the rest of the week. My heart felt like it had been ripped out and thrown on the street for anyone to run over. But even though Jon was the person who did that, he still picked my heart up and put it somewhere safe. But that's what best friends do, right? The only reason that I felt so alone, so sad, was because I felt like we weren't going to spend as much time together anymore. That wasn't it. I  love this dork. And I can't have him.

A/N: Hey everyone, Junkie here! Sorry if this was a crappy chapter, and also sorry that I haven't updated as soon as some of you might have liked. It's hard work, trying to make a decent story from scratch! Anyway, please comment and let me know if you liked it. If we can get to seven comments (from DIFFERENT PEOPLE XD), I'll be prompted to make the next part. Junkie, out~

ACRONYM KEY:

A/N: Author's Note

Y/N: Your' name

Pretty sure that was all the acronyms used in this part!